KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

KK 'I dont like Mike Ashely, you know'

No need for his involvement really

He was asked the question..in typically KK fashion,he answered it honestly.One of the reasons I love Keegan so much is his emotion and wearing his heart on his sleeve,which went a long way to getting players to play for him...imo.I think if Kevin asked me to run through a brick wall ,I'd do it,such is the passion he's showed for our club down the years.

He was asked the question..in typically KK fashion,he answered it honestly.One of the reasons I love Keegan so much is his emotion and wearing his heart on his sleeve,which went a long way to getting players to play for him...imo.I think if Kevin asked me to run through a brick wall ,I'd do it,such is the passion he's showed for our club down the years.

Leadership by charisma. It's part of what made him possibly the best manager we've ever had.

Leadership by charisma. It's part of what made him possibly the best manager we've ever had.

Precisely. :thup:

"Pardew won't see a penny of it" is not a reasoned opinion. It is a drama filled statement with the sole purpose of whipping up a frenzy and getting people worked up. Keegan's speciality. Drama queen extraordinaire.

It's also not what he said, but never mind that.

I have not listened to the live interview but on soccernet, the quotes are

"I saw an interview with Alan Pardew where he said he hoped to get some of the £35 million and I thought 'Alan, you ain't going to get any of that','' he (KK) told Radio Five Live.

So I'm not sure why you are saying that he didn't say what is included in the title unless being pedantic is one of your hobbies. My take is that he can say whatever he wants and we can say whatever we want of him. If he acts like a drama queen then he deserves to be called one.

Keegan is similar to Martin o'Neill in that they aren't interested in bank balances they just want the quality players to keep rolling through the door. Once you start talking about reducing wage bills and balancing the books they are off. Unfortunately unless you have russian/arab billionaire owners those conditions don't exist elsewhere these days.

How many Russian & Arab billionaires have O'Neill & KK worked for? I am thinking 1 in total.

They both demanded big budgets from big clubs which they got - and then walked away from when they were asked to cut back to balance the books. There is no criticism here, just stating the facts.

Keegan is similar to Martin o'Neill in that they aren't interested in bank balances they just want the quality players to keep rolling through the door. Once you start talking about reducing wage bills and balancing the books they are off. Unfortunately unless you have russian/arab billionaire owners those conditions don't exist elsewhere these days.

How many Russian & Arab billionaires have O'Neill & KK worked for? I am thinking 1 in total.

They both demanded big budgets from big clubs which they got - and then walked away from when they were asked to cut back to balance the books. There is no criticism here, just stating the facts.

:nope:

Please don't tell me you believe the bullshit about Keegan walking away because he wasn't given the 200 million he demanded so he could sign Beckham, Henry and Lampard.

Guest magpie99

As for Keegan, as a puindit, he has the right to comment but what he says is not necessarily correct all of the time. In this case, I think he is wrong. The club have pocketed the 35 million, plus there will also be the SKY money coming in, plus season ticket and marketing sales. I dont expect Ashley to give Pardew the lot but I would thionk he would get a good 20 million in transfer fees to spend.

Keegan on Milner: You might recall that Milner put in a transfer request and the offer of 12 million was well above his true v alue. Incidentally, does anyone think Milner is worth double that now or even being an England international?

The likes of Given, N'Zogbia and others were clearly unhappy and wanted to leave. Hardly MAs fault that.

Keegan is griping about not getting the money to buy world class replacements but at the time, MA was a year into the job, the club had been struggling and was heavily in debt. We had to sell assets just to survive. That has been proven. Keegan doesnt seem to be abvle to accept that.

If you look at the club today, we are in a far healthier situation both on the field and financially off it now than when we were the day KK walked. I said at the time that relegation could be a blessing in disguise and it has proven to be so. The players who want to play for the club, are playing for the club and we have some good kids coming through with money to spend, no matter what "God" says.

Good post Magipe99!

Regarding MON, I was actually glad that Pardew took over instead him. I did some reading when the rumor about us taking on MON appeared. Here goes: MON was supported 100% by his Lerner financially for multiple seasons. He spent astonishing £120 million over 4 seasons on players. The problem was of course that he only bought rubbish:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html

Then the reality hit MON, Milner had to be sold for two reasons: The deal was pretty good (on paper Ireland is a better player than Milner) and two Milner wanted a move. And for not receiving Lerner's backing in that single instance, he quit. Totally forgetting that Lerner has backed him 100% in every s*** transfer move he's made. According to this article,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/375262-randy-lerners-money-talks-at-aston-villa  , MON sanctioned his below par players some generous salaries (notice in particular the writing in bold):

" However, you don’t have to look too far to identify the main reason for the dramatically higher loss, as the operating expenses jumped by nearly 50% (£34.3m) from £70.8m to £105.1m. The primary driver for this growth was staff costs, which grew by a massive £20.2m from £50.4m to £70.6m in a single year. This was after the 2008 accounts reported that the wage bill had more than doubled to £50m."    A good example of this policy is the salary of a very ordinary footballer, John Carew: he netted above £60 000 a week in Villa.

So the result of MON's era was that he left ha club in a significantly worse situation economically (read the bleacher report), only to achieve some marginally better results than O Leary. On top of that they played utterly boring football. MON never rotated, and as a consequence  he ignored talent and general player development (Curtis Davies, Delph for example),  which made the club even more dependent on immediate external buys if the results didn't come. It's no coincidence that it was only after MON left, talents like Albringhton and Clark appeared.  And the best part of all, the man himself wants to generously paid too for installing such a havoc.

The conclusion is that any club that takes on MON must be willing to give him a tons of money. In return it gets,  mediocre players on extremely good wages , s*** football, no talents and huge debt.

Guest magpie99

Why is it crazy?

I am no great lover of Ashley but to continue to spend money on a product that was already heavily in debt to a manager who only wants overpaid superstars was a recipe for disaster. We dont exactly have a record of buying well, do we?

Ashley has come in, spent his own money in interest free loans to the club to basically save us from oblivion because there is no denying that was where we were heading under the Shepherd regime.

Keegan has a great record of signing known players but when was the last time he produced one of his own. The club clearly could not fund his requests and it was obvious something had to give. It wasnt going to be the owner.

As usual, it all comes down to money. We couldnt afford to give him any and he couldnt accept that, along with the structure MA put in place.

and one other thing as well, constructively dismissed or not, Keegan walked away from our club.......TWICE. Much the same as he did at Fulham, England and City. I am sure the 2-5 million quid he got off the club went a long way to paying off his soccer circus debts. Coincidence or what.

Why is it crazy?

I am no great lover of Ashley but to continue to spend money on a product that was already heavily in debt to a manager who only wants overpaid superstars was a recipe for disaster. We dont exactly have a record of buying well, do we?

Ashley has come in, spent his own money in interest free loans to the club to basically save us from oblivion because there is no denying that was where we were heading under the Shepherd regime.

Keegan has a great record of signing known players but when was the last time he produced one of his own. The club clearly could not fund his requests and it was obvious something had to give. It wasnt going to be the owner.

As usual, it all comes down to money. We couldnt afford to give him any and he couldnt accept that, along with the structure MA put in place.

and one other thing as well, constructively dismissed or not, Keegan walked away from our club.......TWICE. Much the same as he did at Fulham, England and City. I am sure the 2-5 million quid he got off the club went a long way to paying off his soccer circus debts. Coincidence or what.

Re: players KK dicovered: Bassong. A player who made Ashley several times more than what KK's settlement cost.

Next.

Why is it crazy?

3 Points - 1. Ashley was the one that bought the club, he sshould have new about any debt before he bought it. 2. He appointed KK, you cant appoint someone like him then complain if he asks for money. 3 Where is this nonsense about him wanting overpaid superstars coming from?

Why is it crazy?

3 Points - 1. Ashley was the one that bought the club, he sshould have new about any debt before he bought it. 2. He appointed KK, you cant appoint someone like him then complain if he asks for money. 3 Where is this nonsense about him wanting overpaid superstars coming from?

With regards to the overpaid superstars think the quotes came from Dennis Wise or Llambias, who are trustworthy stand up guys

Funny how many people seemingly just buy the party line without question.

Yes, it is...isn't it. :nods:

Oh sorry, I guess you must have meant the Ashley party line, rather than the Keegan one.