We Haven't Won 10 Out Of 14 At Home (So Far...)

Crumpy Gunt

If our home form was a little better we'd be doing ridiculously well. It's surprisingly poor when you consider how good a season we've had in general. Some major disappointments.

Can't complain though, by any means.

If our home form was a little better we'd be doing ridiculously well. It's surprisingly poor when you consider how good a season we've had in general. Some major disappointments.

Can't complain though, by any means.

Exactly, overall we've had some very solid results home and away and some disasters home and away. Just because we haven't followed the usual trend of being good at home and poor away makes no difference.

I can see where he's coming from like. When you look at how crap the likes of Everton, Villa and Liverpool have been, and to see us below fairly run of the mill Bolton & Sunderland sides, we could have done so much better. 

couldn't all those teams say the same thing then ?

Course they could. Doesn't mean we can't be a bit disappointed at not being even higher though.

Happens every season though doesn't it? I remember similar comments this time last season.

It's just football.

We've picked up points in 18 of the 28 games we've played so far. I'd have settled for that in July tbh.

Where we won them and against whom is pretty much irrelevant as taking 4 points from Arsenal cancels out taking 1 only point from Blackburn etc.

We are where we are - 9th. That's pretty fucking good for a newly promoted team.

I understand it does happen all the time, "we could've been xth in the table if we'd beat y and z". It's just much more annoying when you've taken just 2 points from 5 of the easiest home games in the season and at the same time potentially being only a couple points away from Europe come May. :undecided:

We can still be a bit disappointed though. Others have slipped up, so can quite rightly look at games against Blackpool, Spurs, Sunderland, etc as missed opportunities to be doing so much better. 

And they'll be saying exactly the same things. All clubs lose games they should win.

The teams we think we should be above will have lost games they should have picked up points in. It's a pointless exercise tbh.

I know all clubs think the same. We can't control them dropping daft points. We can control ourselves doing the same.

Well not really, that would be to suggest that we could be the exception to almost every football club's season ever.

Hence the **** post on the previous page.

I know all clubs think the same. We can't control them dropping daft points. We can control ourselves doing the same.

Well not really, that would be to suggest that we could be the exception to almost every football club's season ever.

No it doesn't. Every club's fans can look at it and see, "They've been crap, if only we'd took advantage". We've had a very good season, but given how poor other sides that we'd thought would have done better have done, it could have been so much better.

No it doesn't. Every club's fans can look at it and see, "They've been crap, if only we'd took advantage". We've had a very good season, but given how poor other sides that we'd thought would have done better have done, it could have been so much better.

Your post contradicts itself though.

If every club thinks they could have done better, then that surely suggests it's a normal situation in football? If every club is always thinking the same, we don't have any special right to be right!

What I'm saying is, yes we can obviously look back and rue all the missed chances to pick up more points (like every club can) but it's pretty unrealistic to expect us to be in a situation where we don't have anything to regret. That would make us the exception to almost every other club in the league.

It's allways frustrating when you look at the table and see where you could have been, but not one game in the league is a certainty and many matches come down to who has the luck for the day. Every side wins some they maybe should have lost and vice versa, it's not exactly plausable to just sugest that we havn't capatalised on other clubs shortcomings because we just didn't think of this ingeniouse plan of just winning all of our easy games :lol:

That's it really. I was expecting us to be inconsistent and mid-table since the Everton game really. But then I wasn't expecting some of the other sides to do the same which is why it's a little bit galling that we've missed out a little bit because I don't expect Liverpool, Everton and Villa to be as bad next year.

I'm more then happy with our position.

slightly disapppointing gto et a few draws when a win was on the cards...but seriously man, we are a few points short of staying up.