Stoke City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 19th March, pre-match thread.

Anderson

Perch and Krul were shocking, Coloccini and Williamson did OK.

too long ago for any individual performances to stand out (no-one was particularly great or poor) but we were passionless, although we were slightly the better team early on were fortunate to be in the lead, after the break they dominated us by strength and orgainsation (was stoke after all) and were deserved winners.

one of those games where the team was at fault and not really one for pointing the finger at individuals (see also blackpool,blackburn,fulham,everton etc)

Guest Brazilianbob

Looking at the fixture lists I reckon there are only three winneable games left this season.  West Brom Wolves and Birmingham.  Unfortunately our home form means we won't win any of them, and the manu home game will be a nailed on defeat.

As for the away games, I have no confidence we can get anything from Stoke, Blackpool, Villa, Chelsea and Liverpool.  So depending on other results this could possibly leave us scrabbling for safety when we should be chasing a european spot!

Looking at the fixture lists I reckon there are only three winneable games left this season.  West Brom Wolves and Birmingham.  Unfortunately our home form means we won't win any of them, and the manu home game will be a nailed on defeat.

As for the away games, I have no confidence we can get anything from Stoke, Blackpool, Villa, Chelsea and Liverpool.  So depending on other results this could possibly leave us scrabbling for safety when we should be chasing a european spot!

So we're going to lose every single game before the season ends then.

Jesus wept.

Why not getting the 'I can't see us winning another game this season' thread up again?

So we're going to lose every single game before the season ends then.

Jesus wept.

Yey :lol:

Guest Brazilianbob

Blind optimism is what you want to happen, not what will happen.

I used to be like you lot, thinking if I'm positive, this will be conveyed to the players and we will win.  Well the only thing I am ever positive about these days is that the club will consistently let the fans down.

This club has let me down too many times in the past 40 odd years (apart from 1969) to be anything other than pessimistic!

If you think otherwise then come back in 40 years and tell me I'm wrong, until then I'm telling you that you are wrong to be optimistic!

Blind optimism is what you want to happen, not what will happen.

I used to be like you lot, thinking if I'm positive, this will be conveyed to the players and we will win.  Well the only thing I am ever positive about these days is that the club will consistently let the fans down.

This club has let me down too many times in the past 40 odd years (apart from 1969) to be anything other than pessimistic!

If you think otherwise then come back in 40 years and tell me I'm wrong, until then I'm telling you that you are wrong to be optimistic!

What about last season?  :shifty:

Guest Flatline

All the games we won so far?

Well, lets see.

Bartons court vision and set pieces - hes out

Ben arfas creativity and shooting - hes out

Enriques left side raids  - hes out

Andy carrolls goalscorer abilities - hes gone

So now we rely on kevin nolan to be at the right place at the right time. Aside from that cant see us winning anything rest of the season..

We have a shit forward couple, shit midfield and a shit defence. Tiote is awesome but he cant carry us all.

Reckon a 15th place by end of season, good thing we got some points early.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

All the games we won so far?

Well, lets see.

Bartons court vision and set pieces - hes out

Ben arfas creativity and shooting - hes out

Enriques left side raids  - hes out

Andy carrolls goalscorer abilities - hes gone

So now we rely on kevin nolan to be at the right place at the right time. Aside from that cant see us winning anything rest of the season..

We have a shit forward couple, shit midfield and a shit defence. Tiote is awesome but he cant carry us all.

Reckon a 15th place by end of season, good thing we got some points early.

:lol: :lol:

Guest Flatline

Michael. Im as big a nufc fan as any, but the team we field atm is utter shite...

honestly, where are the goals gonna come from?

and if they come, does it matter ? we cant defend a lead for shit.

Guest Flatline

I thought Barton was probably back?

Pardew said he thinks he'll be back. Means nothing tbh.

means hes definately out then :lol: