Stoke City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 19th March, pre-match thread.

Anderson

to play 3 defenders at the back is just a freakin joke!

we need to have 4 defenders and stick with that....its the only way forward...no matter who is available!

It wont help us in the long run to shuffle the tactics so much especially not at the back!

Teams have done well with 3 at the back against Stoke this season, extra height for defending setpieces.

we need to have 4 defenders and stick with that....its the only way forward...no matter who is available!

It wont help us in the long run to shuffle the tactics so much especially not at the back!

Teams have done well with 3 at the back against Stoke this season, extra height for defending setpieces.

well xtra height for defending set pieces doesn´t really have anything to do with playing 3 at the back, does it?

well xtra height for defending set pieces doesn´t really have anything to do with playing 3 at the back, does it?

I'd say it does, unless you start chucking extra centre halves in midfield to get height in.

No need to get personal, lots of people on here hold pessimistic views on various matters. Some are probably overly so but it doesn't mean they should be slagged off for it.

There's a massive difference between being negative and talking utter bollocks though.

It's the lads opinion ffs.

That we'll not win another game this season? Sounds like he's deliberately out for a bite tbh.

Guest Flatline

am I? Already we are fuzzing out, bottom teams started picking up points... pray to god we can get another 3-4 points, thats the max I think we`ll get.

Guest Flatline

We will see, I still stand firm:

We struggle to score.

When we do score, we concede 2...

whats the point in fighting for the odd goal here and there only to give 2 freebies within 20 minutes anyway.

Our defense is all over the place.

Guest Stephen927

No need to get personal, lots of people on here hold pessimistic views on various matters. Some are probably overly so but it doesn't mean they should be slagged off for it.

There's a massive difference between being negative and talking utter bollocks though.

It's the lads opinion ffs.

That we'll not win another game this season? Sounds like he's deliberately out for a bite tbh.

Problem is there are so many WUMs that it's hard to see who's offering their genuine opinion. Bit unfair on the lad if thats the case. It's good to have a bit variety on here.

We struggle to score.

8 goals in our last 5 league games.

After scoring in a game, we've only conceded 2 or more three times under Pardew (Man City, Arsenal, Everton).

10 goals conceded in the last 10 league games (and that includes Arsenal).

Don't bother with facts mate, we lost one game, so we're the worst team in the world again.  We're going to go down despite the fact that we're still not even in bottom three form and are 5 points ahead of the kind of teams that struggle to get 5 points from 7 or 8 games.

The fourth bottom teams going to need 45 or so points to stay up don't you know, why?, well based on.. erm nothing.

Guest Flatline

We struggle to score.

After scoring in a game, we've only conceded 2 or more three times under Pardew (Man City, Arsenal, Everton).

statistics can be spun to picture whatever.

Watch the actual games and tell me you think we field a midfield drive and quality attackers please.

Guest Flatline

we keep losing points, regardless of whether we score or not. Cause for concern. Not to mention giving away games. Its hardly something new though.

Of course there's cause for concern, but that's quite different to claiming we can't score, can't defend, will struggle to get 3 points from the next 9 games ect (yes I know that bit was Brazilianbob not you).

We struggle to score.

And yet our home form's ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, isn't it Jonny? :razz:

Pardew's comments on .co.uk suggest to me we'll be seeing Perch or Simpson at left-back and not Ferguson. He says he needs 'big headers of the ball and the team selection will reflect that' or something of that ilk.

Perch at left-back away at Spurs wasn't too bad an experiment. He wasn't brilliant by any stretch, but he coped okay. I do hope Ferguson starts on the left side of midfield, however.

Perch at left-back away at Spurs wasn't too bad an experiment. He wasn't brilliant by any stretch, but he coped okay. I do hope Ferguson starts on the left side of midfield, however.

He'll have to. There is literally noone else :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Perch was fine, actually. Doesn't get forward much but was generally okay