Stoke City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 19th March, pre-match thread.

Anderson

Harper

Simpson

Coloccini

Williamson

Perch

Guthrie

Nolan

Tiote

Ferguson

Best

Ameobi

Subs: Krul, S.Taylor, Kuqi, Lovenkrands, Richardson, Newton, Airey

Best we can hope for tbh.

Harper 

Simpson    Williamson      Taylor    Perch

Tiote    Guthrie

Coloccini            Nolan          Ferguson

Best

many won't like it but bearing in mind the style of the opposition.........

harper

williamson    colo  taylor

simpson                                          perch

guthrie    tiote  nolan

best      ameobi

-----------------Harper

------Taylor------Willi-------Colo

Simo-------------------------------Fergie

-------------------Tiote

-------Guth------------------Nolan

------------Best---------Shola

Guest Stephen927

-----------------Harper

Taylor

-------------------Willi-------Colo

-------------------Tiote

FYP.

Taylor

The Gallowgate

-----------------Harper

-------------------Willi-------Colo

-------------------Tiote

FYP.

:cheesy:

I'd have Campbell over Taylor for this match (if we are playing 3 at the back, that is).

They're both pretty hefty, but Campbell has more experience/brains than Taylor. When we lost the plot in the home fixture against Stoke, we could have used someone with Campbell's experience to sort us out for their set plays. It was embarrassing watch Kenwyne Jones repeatedly go unmarked for about ten minutes straight of set pieces. No one knew who the hell they were supposed to be marking.

Stoke won't offer much threat on the ground/by way of nippy forwards - which eliminates Campbell's biggest weakness - an agile forward with a turn of pace.

This is all academic though, because for Pardew I'd imagine 5.5 year contract Taylor > Campbell.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Saylor  Coloccini  Williamson    Perch

Simpson    Nolan      Tiote          Jonas

Best    Ameobi

I wish they would just release Cambell from the club so that we dont have to go through the farce and embarrasment of his inclusion being discussed on here each time by people who still dont get it that he is finished as a top flight footballer.

I wish they would just release Cambell from the club so that we dont have to go through the farce and embarrasment of his inclusion being discussed on here each time by people who still dont get it that he is finished as a top flight footballer.

I doubt that Campbell even really wants to play tbh.

Guest Flatline

Looking at the setup I can firmly confirm that this will be the first match in a long time I wont even bother watching tbh, Ill just check the result in the evening, expecting a solid loss, wank defence wank midfield wank attack, and a 50 year old goalkeeper who goes down like a moose with a buckshot.

Our XI is a big joke atm

Looking at the setup I can firmly confirm that this will be the first match in a long time I wont even bother watching tbh, Ill just check the result in the evening, expecting a solid loss, wank defence wank midfield wank attack, and a 50 year old goalkeeper who goes down like a moose with a buckshot.

Our XI is a big joke atm

Based on your posts so far I imagine this is how you approach every game.

Our XI is a big joke atm

:lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Our XI is a big joke atm

Aye.

Harper

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Ferguson

Guthrie - Tiote - Nolan - Jonas

Best - Ameobi

Picks itself imo. The most imperative thing is that we keep the backline as consistent as possible. Obviously, Enrique's out, but don't let it disrupt the whole defensive set-up - as was the case against Everton. Like for like swap, Ferguson in for Jose. Yes he's young but he's got to start somewhere, and has looked decent in his fleeting appearances. There's absolutely no reason not to play him. The idea of playing Perch or Taylor there gives me the shivers, quite frankly.

We'll be forced into playing square pegs and it's important that we don't resort to loads of them. Guthrie on the right is all we should have to put up with.

Draw.

Guest Flatline

Looking at the setup I can firmly confirm that this will be the first match in a long time I wont even bother watching tbh, Ill just check the result in the evening, expecting a solid loss, w*** defence w*** midfield w*** attack, and a 50 year old goalkeeper who goes down like a moose with a buckshot.

Our XI is a big joke atm

pretty much,  thompson stating he wasnt sure where our goals would come from sums it up perfectly tbh...

too bad I cant start cheering for another team since unfortunately I have something called a NUFC heart that wont stop beating.

Wish it would though,  the transfer window in january + injuries just did it for me, feel free to flame.

Looking at the setup I can firmly confirm that this will be the first match in a long time I wont even bother watching tbh, Ill just check the result in the evening, expecting a solid loss, w*** defence w*** midfield w*** attack, and a 50 year old goalkeeper who goes down like a moose with a buckshot.

Our XI is a big joke atm

pretty much,  thompson stating he wasnt sure where our goals would come from sums it up perfectly tbh...

too bad I cant start cheering for another team since unfortunately I have something called a NUFC heart that wont stop beating.

Wish it would though,  the transfer window in january + injuries just did it for me, feel free to flame.

So please just fuck off then.