Stoke City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 19th March, pre-match thread.

Anderson

Guest Stephen927

There is something on page 4 of this thread that my work works filter has marked as offensive and tasteless and so I can't view.  Any other page of this thread or any thread is fine and yet page 4 is not.  What is on page 4?  I must know!

The f word. Saying it like that so you can view this page. :lol:

There is something on page 4 of this thread that my work works filter has marked as offensive and tasteless and so I can't view.  Any other page of this thread or any thread is fine and yet page 4 is not.  What is on page 4?  I must know!

So I can view the offensive jokes thread, internet jocularity thread and lushes lasses thread but not if the f word is there?  Balls.

Guest Stephen927

So I can view the offensive jokes thread, internet jocularity thread and lushes lasses thread but not if the f word is there?  Balls.

Greg posted f on this page, so not sure if it is that. :lol:

Weird.

Probably the personal text Bish has.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1364646/Alan-Pardew-says-Stephen-Ireland-earn-permanent-move.html

Ireland is one of five key players on Pardew's injury list unlikely to be fit when Newcastle resume their league programme at Stoke next weekend.

Joey Barton's thigh injury, which has kept him out for the last two games, will not have healed and striker Nile Ranger is also struggling with a shin problem picked up on the day before the Everton defeat.

Jose Enrique hobbled off with a hamstring strain against Everton, and Jonas Gutierrez suffered a late kick to his ankle and the pair are also struggling to make the visit to the Britannia.

Ace.

Guest palnese

'We did think about taking the players away again this week but may be a complete break from the game wouldn't be the worse thing for this squad so we're going to give them the rest of the week off. Some of the guys aren't local so we'll let them fly off and see their families, spend a bit of time away. Then we'll all be back on Monday for a week's work to prepare for Stoke.'

Harper

Simpson  Colo  Willi  Taylor

Guthrie  Nolan  Tiote  Ferguson

Best  Shola

Something like that? fuck me, that makes for grim viewing :lol:

So Barton was 50-50 for Everton but is now unlikely to play 2 weeks down the road?

What the hell is going on, seriously?

Really, makes no sense. Hard to believe anyone can really make a judgment on players ten days before a game, too.

Unless we go down - which is highly unlikely at this stage - then any gamble will clearly be seen as worthwhile. Considering it's our first year back up it's pretty easy to justify that as well.

The question once again is that of ambition. If Ashley is content just to stay up every year then we're going to be taking gambles like this every season. Staying up on a shoestring budget and hoping we'll scrape enough points. Selling better players when the chance arises.

Alternatively we'll invest this summer, gamble the other way and try to push on.

Hopefully it's the latter, there are certainly no reasonable excuses this time for not doing so.

Unless we go down - which is highly unlikely at this stage - then any gamble will clearly be seen as worthwhile. Considering it's our first year back up it's pretty easy to justify that as well.

The question once again is that of ambition. If Ashley is content just to stay up every year then we're going to be taking gambles like this every season. Staying up on a shoestring budget and hoping we'll scrape enough points. Selling better players when the chance arises.

Alternatively we'll invest this summer, gamble the other way and try to push on.

Hopefully it's the latter, there are certainly no reasonable excuses this time for not doing so.

Its the not knowing what he will do whilst trying to keep a bit of hope & positivity that's the killer. For a bloke who likes to gamble he seems intent on setting the odds against himself, won't gamble on big money signings but would rather gamble on the clubs survival.

I hope he buys without selling anyone our squad is so thin as it is, a few injuries are we are fkd, this is a big game for us and if those few players are missing we will be VERY lucky to come away with a point.

Harper

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Ferguson

Guthrie      Tiote          Nolan      Lovenkrands

Best        Ameobi

Subs:  Krul, Perch, S. Taylor, Richardson, Newton, Airey, Edmundsson

Assuming Jonas, Enrique, Ireland, Barton and Campbell all fail to recover in time.  

Harper

Simpson  Colo  Willi  Taylor

Guthrie  Nolan  Tiote  Ferguson

Best  Shola

Something like that? fuck me, that makes for grim viewing :lol:

We're playing Stoke at the Britannia, I think that ship has sailed.........

is it fair to point out the correlation between us getting loads of injuries and pardew coming in or is it coincidence?

Towards the end of the season, small squad, always going to happen.