Stoke City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 19th March, pre-match thread.

Anderson

can anyone remember when sol campbell slid to keep the ball in, stood up, put a great cross in and shearer bulleted the header in? was amazing, the day england won the world cup if i remember rightly

I remember when Domi did something very similar to that aginst Leeds.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I should imagine big sol's 'aerial ability' will be severely impeded seeing as he now moves at the pace of an ent, with the turning ability of blenheim palace. Definitely beat if some of the squads mentioned are to go by.

Shouldn't really affect him, considering he'll be standing around next to Jones or Carew for 1/3 of the game waiting for Rory Delap to launch another long throw in.

Aye he'll be too busy running rings round them i'm sure. Long ball they may be but they are far more mobile than some the key players we may be set to field. Wouldn't neccessarily put Campbell ahead to win aerial challenges against either of them pair anyhow and I by no means rate either.

If we are planning to play Sol then i hope we give him a runout in the reserves against West Ham on Tuesday,  with his lack of football since xmas i think we should give him a 60 minute run out just to get a bit of match sharpness and get rid of some rustiness.

“Joey and Jose are still doubts, but Jonas will be OK,” Pardew told the Gazette. “We’ll wait and see, really.

“We’re going to need all our best players available for the run in, and we’re working very hard to ensure we have them.

“My gut feeling is that if Joey and Joey aren’t 100 per cent, we won’t risk them.”

Meanwhile, Stephen Ireland (thigh) has been ruled out of the fixture, though the on-loan midfielder could make his United debut in the home game against Wolverhampton Wanderers on April 2.

I was talking to my West Ham mate post their FA Cup loss to Stoke and we were saying what a genuinely awful side they are. Imagine paying to go and watch their "rugby football" ffs, dear oh dear.

That said I can see us conceding the usual "lob it into the goal/goal mouth scramble! type goal and going down 1-0. Seriously can't stand sides like Stoke.

Stoke are f***ing abysmal, we should be aiming for 3 points with Barton back.

The rumor going round is barton is not injured but has said he wont play if he is not given a 3 year contract,

Only a rumor but funny how his so called injury occured just after he was offered just 2 year.

Make your own mind up on this one.

The rumor going round is barton is not injured but has said he wont play if he is not given a 3 year contract,

Only a rumor but funny how his so called injury occured just after he was offered just 2 year.

I'll do it for you Ronaldo.

Absolute poppycock.

Guest neesy111

:facepalm: