Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

"Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley will launch a full management review at the end of the season, regardless of what division the club are in, as he seeks an explanation for another dreadful campaign."

That's Rafa off, then. :lol:

(If we stay up.)

Tried to slip off like a rat from a sinking ship. Ultimately, it's Mike's fault for hiring these people but for someone who comes from the area, who claims to love the club.. would he not have held his hands up and said, "I'm out of my depth here"

Same goes for managers like McClaren.. they'll peddle an excuse every week if it means getting that nice pay off.

Say what you want about Ruud Gullit, but he resigned and didn't take a penny from the club. These fuckers are basically leeches, they'll stick on until the very last drop of blood.

I think Ashley will ultimately sell the club but in order to do that it has to be healthy, the finances are ok now but it's complete chaos at every other level.

He'll try and get Rafa to stay, who else would be better qualified to sort the club out and really make a mark, just like Keegan did when he brought us up.

The likes of Carr, Charnley and Moncur can do one. And Beardsley needs to be moved somewhere..

Tried to slip off like a rat from a sinking ship. Ultimately, it's Mike's fault for hiring these people but for someone who comes from the area, who claims to love the club.. would he not have held his hands up and said, "I'm out of my depth here"

Same goes for managers like McClaren.. they'll peddle an excuse every week if it means getting that nice pay off.

Say what you want about Ruud Gullit, but he resigned and didn't take a penny from the club. These fuckers are basically leeches, they'll stick on until the very last drop of blood.

I think Ashley will ultimately sell the club but in order to do that it has to be healthy, the finances are ok now but it's complete chaos at every other level.

He'll try and get Rafa to stay, who else would be better qualified to sort the club out and really make a mark, just like Keegan did when he brought us up.

The likes of Carr, Charnley and Moncur can do one. And Beardsley needs to be moved somewhere..

I agree, especially about Ruud Gullitt. It kind of makes me sick when we are hiring managers now like McClaren who are portrayed as nice guys but we know fine well they'll fight tooth and nail for every penny of compensation despite being a major reason for taking us down. These fakers have no shame.

Perhaps relegation is the best thing for us? I would dearly love to see Rafa manage us for a full season though, the potential is massive.

Carr got lucky with Cabaye, that's about all he's ever done right.. he's been exposed now but let's not forget he was a darling not so long ago.. and the general consensus wouold have been to give him full control over signing players, over Pardew of course.

Not defending Carr as most of his recent signings have been shite but the Telegraph article does say that none of his top targets have ben signed, so they've probably gone for his 5th/6th choice.  Though why some of those were even 5th/6th chose baffles me.

Laughable that some people think that someone in Carr's position is going to say "I'm out of my depth" and move on of their own volition.

I'm not suggesting that he would, but he claims to love the club.. he obviously loves his salary more.

Out of principle, if I was in that position I would walk. The club has to come first.

Guest neesy111

Not defending Carr as most of his recent signings have been shite but the Telegraph article does say that none of his top targets have ben signed, so they've probably gone for his 5th/6th choice.  Though why some of those were even 5th/6th chose baffles me.

The blokes had 1 good signing, the rest have been utter shite.

Ba, Cabaye, Debuchy at least have been good signings. They have been poor in the most part though aye

Guest neesy111

Ba, Cabaye, Debuchy at least have been good signings. They have been poor in the most part though aye

Pardew signed Ba.  I'll give him credit for that.

Ben Arfa and Remy as well though probably

Guest neesy111

Considering Hughton got Ben Arfa, I'll consider this baffling,

Considering Hughton got Ben Arfa, I'll consider this baffling,

Managers don't just pick players out of thin air. Would you count Tiote as a Carr signing?

Don't know why I'm responding really considering I also think Carr is shit but he's had more than one good signing tbf

Laughable that some people think that someone in Carr's position is going to say "I'm out of my depth" and move on of their own volition.

I'm not suggesting that he would, but he claims to love the club.. he obviously loves his salary more.

Out of principle, if I was in that position I would walk. The club has to come first.

Easy to say that on a forum when you're not actually walking out of a very high salary job at the end of your  career. And you wouldn't have a part if you that think you could turn it around?

• 4 weeks later...