Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

The amount of dealings with that Mondial Sport agency seemed a bit dodgy but that's without knowing anything about how big that agency is. Hard to know how much he is to blame when we don't know if he got the players he really wanted and the fact he was bound by pretty restrictive parameters for players but its clear he wasn't very good at his job

Just a scout with some decent connections. Thinking he knew better than anyone else as per usual, after a few hits Ashley thought Carr was untouchable and it went downhill from there. Putting him on the board ffs.

Just a scout with some decent connections. Thinking he knew better than anyone else as per usual, after a few hits Ashley thought Carr was untouchable and it went downhill from there. Putting him on the board ffs.

Yeah having him on the board was fucking weird. That full 'board' was weird and full of weirdos. Hopefully it's the second thing Rafa gives the boot (after Taylor).

Do we have any other scouts like, bar Rod Stewart' twin? We should really have loads of different ones all over Europe reporting back to the main scout. Shouldn't have to rely on two pensioners

Guest firetotheworks

The unknown about a lot of things makes me give him a fair benefit of the doubt in some ways. What his remit was, how far down the list some of his players were, the recommendations that were ignored etc. Overall, our signings with him were far better than the ones we got when Shepherd used to just deal with that one bellend, what was his name? McKay? Anyway, far too much shit signed and they're all culpable, I'm just not entirely sure how culpable Carr was, because he did get some very good players and I would like to think that they were high up on his list. If you keep tapping the same source, you're going to fail pretty soon though, and that's what happened.

Too many of his recommendations have been completely unfit for purpose, don't care how far down his list they were. Fuck off, Graham.

Having Manu fucking Rivière on the list at all was reason enough to see he was a complete fraud.

Why cant he just be a scout for Rafa ? I don't really understand the hatred towards this bloke.

He's helped the club buy a lot of shit/gutless players and even helped bring McClaren in.

I don't know how that happened since he was supposedly only a scout to start with. Not that far off giving Joe Kinnear the manager's job over a pint in a london pub really. I don't think he was a bad scout par se, just that is all he ever was.

I cant think of many of his picks that were shite, they were just shite for us.

I can't believe you'd actually dare make this argument. :lol:

They were being signed to play for us, you complete and utter fucking joker. Far too many weren't fit for the Premier League.

I cant think of many of his picks that were s****, they were just s**** for us.

They were being signed to play for us, you complete and utter f***ing joker. Far too many weren't fit for the Premier League.

Why do you have to reply like that man?

They were being signed to play for us, you complete and utter f***ing joker. Far too many weren't fit for the Premier League.

:lol: almost 10 years on this site and you have to ask that?

Never really considered him the enemy, and I believe he's probably the most football-savvy of all the Ashley cronies that have run the club at boardroom level. He just became way more significant than he should have been. As others have said; he should've been one arm of the scouting network and nothing more.

The victory in his departure is how it alters our system, rather than him simply not being there.

For years this idiot (and others) have robbed a living from NUFC doing an utterly shit job culminating in another pathetic relegation and people actually want to defend him? It's either wummery or selective ignorance and I've no time for it.

For years this idiot (and others) have robbed a living from NUFC doing an utterly s*** job culminating in another pathetic relegation and people actually want to defend him? It's either wummery or selective ignorance and I've no time for it.

Lies.

You practically live on this Board man, and take every opportunity to act like a bully and have for over a decade. Don't pretend you have "no time for it" when you have probably tens of thousands of posts to your name on this Board and commonly post insults like this at 2AM. What you lack is manners and everyone knows it... except you apparently.

For years this idiot (and others) have robbed a living from NUFC doing an utterly s*** job culminating in another pathetic relegation and people actually want to defend him? It's either wummery or selective ignorance and I've no time for it.

Lies.

You practically live on this Board man, and take every opportunity to act like a bully and have for over a decade. Don't pretend you have "no time for it" when you have probably tens of thousands of posts to your name on this Board and commonly post insults like this at 2AM. What you lack is manners and everyone knows it... except you apparently.

I wonder if he's like that in real life, he's probably the nicest bloke in the world, a vicar or something :) You really couldn't talk to people the way he does and get anywhere in life, unless you are Donald Trump or something !

:lol: almost 10 years on this site and you have to ask that?

:lol: I'm well aware he's a complete cock but that's just f***ing stupid.

You're one of the best examples of a narcissistic personality I've ever seen. Are you like this in real life or are you one of those internet only twats?

Can't say i blame him he has brought some talent,But some talent hasn't had the chance to shine because of the shit managers used to go for

as always the truth is somewhere in between, he's signed some players that simply weren't suited to the PL and he's signed some players that might well have thrived under better management

One of the problems of having a 2nd-rate manager is it allows everyone around them to think they are better and that they know more, from this they start running their own agendas which creates conflicting directions within the club.

By having a 1st rate manager (e.g. Benitez) it is clear to everyone who is top-dog and those around them will work to his agenda rather than their own.