Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

`All the good ones are really expensive.`

assume you dont think he can find any gems in the lower leagues then?  eg do a keegan.  I do concede that wont be experienced players ie premiership lvl exp.

I don't think he can find any gems from the lower leagues.  He couldn't do a Keegan if someone gave him an inflatable Keegan sex doll.

Guest Phil K

`All the good ones are really expensive.`

assume you dont think he can find any gems in the lower leagues then?  eg do a keegan.  I do concede that wont be experienced players ie premiership lvl exp.

Going by the disgracefully pathetic performances of the Under 21's theres nothing coming through that would do anything in the lower leagues themselves, let alone any stars in the making

For me after the season review (where no doubt Pards, in flashy presentation, waded through files of prozone stats, players' minutes per-game figures relating to injuries & lost premiership points, diagrams depicting hotzones etc depicting our set-piece shortcomings/lack of 'headers' in the squad etc) when the board decided to back Pardew's Finishing School for Technically Gifted Footballers, i thought Carr's skillset (his 'eye' for a particular type of player, blackbook of contacts on the continent) as a scout were better suited elsewhere.

Guest antz1uk

Fat Fred thinks he's off...

Awful misleading headline in the gazette, they no fuck all either n I don't appreciate that shitty headline at all, they should no better than tiring to be like the mail or something

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-chief-scout-graham-4694363

Newcastle United chief scout Graham Carr will NOT be quitting his role at St James’ Park – despite widespread speculation he was ready to walk away from his prominent role with the Magpies.

And work to bring in a new centre-forward at St James’ Park next season has accelerated despite the resignation of managing-director Derek Llambias. National reports suggested that Carr had followed departing executive Llambias by resigning from his post at the club.

However, the Chronicle understands that Carr met Ashley on Wednesday evening in a hotel for a short, but positive and constructive, meeting in which he was told how important and valuable he was to United.

Carr remains an integral part of the plans on Tyneside and was given a brief to continue finding gems like Hatem Ben Arfa, Yohan Cabaye and Papiss Cisse.

Sources close to new director of football Joe Kinnear have indicated that Carr will continue to work with the former Wimbledon boss – and even be joined on some scouting missions by the new director of football.

Yet the main dynamics of how player recruitment will be carried out will remain unchanged, with Carr recommending promising stars to United boss Alan Pardew and Kinnear.

However, new signings will be rubber-stamped by Kinnear, who could also present them to the public via media calls.

Kinnear told the Chronicle: “Graham is a Geordie boy and he will work with me and the manager.

“It will be my job to identify the areas we need to improve.”

Kinnear said earlier in the week that the priority for the Magpies this summer would be signing a striker, with Papiss Cisse the only first-class centre-forward at the club.

It is also believed that meetings this week between Kinnear and Ashley have resulted in the Toon tycoon giving his executive football board the name of a striker to sign to bolster United’s attacking options.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-chief-scout-graham-4694363

Newcastle United chief scout Graham Carr will NOT be quitting his role at St James’ Park – despite widespread speculation he was ready to walk away from his prominent role with the Magpies.

And work to bring in a new centre-forward at St James’ Park next season has accelerated despite the resignation of managing-director Derek Llambias. National reports suggested that Carr had followed departing executive Llambias by resigning from his post at the club.

However, the Chronicle understands that Carr met Ashley on Wednesday evening in a hotel for a short, but positive and constructive, meeting in which he was told how important and valuable he was to United.

Carr remains an integral part of the plans on Tyneside and was given a brief to continue finding gems like Hatem Ben Arfa, Yohan Cabaye and Papiss Cisse.

Sources close to new director of football Joe Kinnear have indicated that Carr will continue to work with the former Wimbledon boss – and even be joined on some scouting missions by the new director of football.

Yet the main dynamics of how player recruitment will be carried out will remain unchanged, with Carr recommending promising stars to United boss Alan Pardew and Kinnear.

However, new signings will be rubber-stamped by Kinnear, who could also present them to the public via media calls.

Kinnear told the Chronicle: “Graham is a Geordie boy and he will work with me and the manager.

“It will be my job to identify the areas we need to improve.”

Kinnear said earlier in the week that the priority for the Magpies this summer would be signing a striker, with Papiss Cisse the only first-class centre-forward at the club.

It is also believed that meetings this week between Kinnear and Ashley have resulted in the Toon tycoon giving his executive football board the name of a striker to sign to bolster United’s attacking options.

:lol:

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/06/21/future-of-graham-carr-at-newcastle-united-is-still-in-doubt-61634-33504958/#ixzz2WpqKRHKi

GRAHAM CARR’S future at Newcastle United remained in doubt last night after the club refrained from commenting on reports suggesting the chief scout was considering his position in the wake of Joe Kinnear’s appointment as director of football.

The Northampton-based talent spotter was handed an eight-year contract by Mike Ashley last summer and was said to be “relaxed” about Kinnear’s impending arrival at St James’ Park following a meeting with the former manager and Alan Pardewin London on Tuesday.

However, after Derek Llambias resigned from his post as managing-director on Wednesday, in part, sources claim, because Kinnear had cast doubt on a deal for Brazilian free agent Douglas, reports in the national press yesterday indicated the man responsible for two years of scouting the former FC Twente defender could be poised to follow suit.

While Pardew has played down speculation over his own future by publicly declaring his ongoing commitment to the Magpies’ cause in a brief statement to our sister paper The Chronicle, insisting on Wednesday “I am staying to take the club up the league”, neither United nor the famously-private Carr have thus far sought to clarify the chief scout’s position.

Notwithstanding its impact, if any, on Carr, the upshot for Pardew of Kinnear’s

take on Douglas would appear to be a renewed focus on West Ham’s James Tomkins, long-admired by the Newcastle manager.

However, having been priced out of a move for the 24-year-old last summer, and despite the fact he has struggled to command a first-team place since then with fellow centre-backs James Collins and Winston Reid preferred by Sam Allardyce, the chances of United prising Tomkins from Upton Park seem slim given Hammers co-owner David Gold’s recent insistence the defender is not for sale.

Gold said: “We are not selling James Tomkins, he’s on a long contract and is still only a young man.

“He’s an absolutely top prospect and was he to be available it would not be easy to buy him as we have a very high valuation on him.

“This is no longer a selling club. We are moving forward into a big future and we will therefore be keeping our biggest players. James is one of them.”

Meanwhile, with Alan Shearer (above) having declared himself “sickened” by the week’s events at Gallowgate, his former number two Iain Dowie has questioned the need to restructure the club’s managerial set-up.

Dowie, a coach under Shearer in April and May, 2009, said: “ have a great deal of sympathy for Alan Pardew at the moment.

“Wasn’t it about a season ago everyone was looking at what Newcastle were doing,and (saying) ‘that’s the model to follow?

“They’ve hit the Holy Grail and done it, they’ve found a way of going and buying cheap French players and making them very, very successful’.

“Everyone was looking at their model and thinking, ‘this is the way forward’.

“Now, there seems to be a reason to change.

“I don’t understand why you tinker with that part which was working.

“I’m not sure Alan and Graham Carr need another body, do they? All I’m saying is, my view is that’s an area of the club which was working very well, so why change it?”