Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

The about turn in here. :laugh:

Just trying to maintain the positivity from yesterday I guess.

My take is that, if Rafa really wanted him gone, he would have gone. As mentioned above, I'm sure Rafa will find a way to use Carr's contacts to his advantage.

The interview with him on the first page of this thread is pretty funny, the main priority at that stage was apparently a nippy striker who could play off the shoulder. If my timings are right I think we chose Gouffran.

He can 'spot a player' my left nut, like. f***ing Stifler from here could've recommended Cabaye and Ben Arfa. Every time his scouting abilities have actually been put to the test we've signed utter rubbish or players not right for the PL.

Except hardly any of us knew who Cabaye was when we signed him and don't lie.

I mean any scout who watched him probably would have noticed him but please not let's act like he was a world renowned name.

There's been plenty of other great players like Aubameyang among others that he advised we get but Ashley never put the cash down.

Sure there's been a lot of duds but let's not act like the only good players he's put forward to the club have been Cabaye or Ben Arfa.

Think it's rather difficult to judge him without knowing exactly what say he has had, or what weighting he's put on the players we've ended up signing. I think it's pretty clear he's ended up in a role not best suited to him however but that seems to have been reverted now?

If Rafa is okay with what he's doing, and has the ultimate say, then let's go with it.

He deserves his 8 year contract just for giving us the opportunity to w*** over Ben Arfa's genuis. At the same time the Cabella and Thauvin deals and subsequent loans were dodgy as f***. It's like he acted on behalf of agents and Marseille. And let's not get into the Doumbia and Ferreyra loans.. Still I have no problem with him staying on as long as it's Benitez having the final say.

Think it's rather difficult to judge him without knowing exactly what say he has had, or what weighting he's put on the players we've ended up signing.

Wasn't there a report saying he'd offered his resignation, but it was refused on the grounds that we hadn't manage to buy any of his first choice targets?

He can 'spot a player' my left nut, like. f***ing Stifler from here could've recommended Cabaye and Ben Arfa. Every time his scouting abilities have actually been put to the test we've signed utter rubbish or players not right for the PL.

I mean any scout who watched him probably would have noticed him but please not let's act like he was a world renowned name.

There's been plenty of other great players like Aubameyang among others that he advised we get but Ashley never put the cash down.

Sure there's been a lot of duds but let's not act like the only good players he's put forward to the club have been Cabaye or Ben Arfa.

I'm sure anyone who followed Ligue 1 knew who Cabaye was like. He was regarded as on of the best players for the French champions. I don't watch that league, but if I did I'd know who he was for sure, it's pretty much like someone recommending Kante*.

Getting him for so cheap without anyone else activating his clause was impressive, but in hindsight it seems more luck than anything, same with Ba.

*Spotting him a couple of years ago is different, that's actually good scouting.

All he's ever been is a scout. Was given God-like status and then shot down, it's the English way. Was happy to see him go as our scouting policy clearly hasn't worked of late, but if he can work with Rafa there's no issue.

A) There is no such thing as the perfect scout. Its not an exact science

B) Doesnt matter if you are the best scout in the world, if the manager is crap - no player is good enough. (Ben Arfa)

I have no problem keeping Carr, but having someone like Rafa as the filter - instead of Kinnear/Pardew/Charnley/et al

Gameiro, Matuidi, Payet, Aubameyang, Cabaye...all before they were considered 'elite'.

All he's ever been is a scout. Was given God-like status and then shot down, it's the English way. Was happy to see him go as our scouting policy clearly hasn't worked of late, but if he can work with Rafa there's no issue.

What you mean? He was/is part of the board.