Stoke City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/03/11 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

If Tiote picked up a second yellow would that mean he just misses one game (Wolves) and then would just have to get through the Villa game without picking up a booking which would then take him past the April 10th deadline?

:lol:

I don't think Campbell was to blame for the goal - Richardson should never have had that much space to pick out a cross, and it ended up being a very difficult one to defend.

Lovenkrands is definitely the weak link, he just contributes nothing whatsoever.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We did alright, but massive lack of quality up front. Jonas needs to come on as well, not enough running and far too much hoofing, which is playing into their hands.

If Tiote picked up a second yellow would that mean he just misses one game (Wolves) and then would just have to get through the Villa game without picking up a booking which would then take him past the April 10th deadline?

:lol: Desperation I know but I think technically it could be true?!

It's not. It's really not :lol: He'd get a three game ban.

Think about it mate.

Guest michaelfoster

Would surely be a 4 game ban then? 2 games for 10 yellows then 2 for his 2nd red card?

Starting to lose patience with Pardew now, like. There's no excuse for that ridiculous lineup.

Just inviting pressure

Inviting pressure? :lol:

Have you been watching at all?

Obviously not. I know it's frustrating but bar one sodding shot on target (that I can remember), those tactics worked superbly the whole half. Our finishing has been rubbish, that's what worries me. I give Pardew some credit for that performance.

I don't think Campbell was to blame for the goal - Richardson should never have had that much space to pick out a cross, and it ended up being a very difficult one to defend.

Lovenkrands is definitely the weak link, he just contributes nothing whatsoever.

Good sense, here. :thup:

I wonder what Pardew's plan was, what he communicated to the players... I really don't know. Anyone who had the ball in a forward position was generally desperately isolated. Very tough second half coming up. Hope Pardew shows some balls, admits he was wrong and takes off Lovenkrands as soon as possible.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Fergie chased the ball too far for the goal, needed to drop back in

He has a lot to learn, and why I completely understood Pardew's reluctance to bring him on against Everton.

Rushing players back from injury before they're fit is reminiscent of Souness.

Everyone does it, what pisses me off is the fact that a couple of weeks ago he openly admitted it was a daft idea and that he wasn't going to do it again. And yet here we are.

I agree with this

Without trying to stick up for Pardew but no-one here really knows whether it was him that rushed back from injury or not. Jose may have said that he was perfectly fine to play.....

Starting to lose patience with Pardew now, like. There's no excuse for that ridiculous lineup.

Just inviting pressure

Obviously not. I know it's frustrating but bar one sodding shot on target (that I can remember), those tactics worked superbly the whole half. Our finishing has been rubbish, that's what worries me. I give Pardew some credit for that performance.

We have terrible, terrible strikers.

That's basically the beginning and end of our problems.

Would surely be a 4 game ban then? 2 games for 10 yellows then 2 for his 2nd red card?

The yellow wouldn't count.

But he'd still get a 2 game ban because it'd be his 2nd red card of the season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just inviting pressure

Tactically, its fine, as its forcing Stoke to play differently. Their goal came from a lack of concentration from the CB, and a freshly introduced player being caught out pressing high.

Think about it mate.

Is it not just a one game ban for two yellows?! He'd miss Wolves and be available for Villa. If he didn't get booked against Villa he'd then be on 9 yellows with 6/7 games to go and would need to get up to 15 for the next suspension.

I know the whole point is complete madness but I'm going to at least argue that technically I'm right. Unless of course todays booking would still count if he got a second! :lol:

Just inviting pressure

I have, and I never once said we were being over ran, or that we were playing badly, all I meant is this formation is horrific. And i meant that in certain situations, the 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs would mean we have 5 sittign at the back for humps, and long throws and not enough options to break out from defence.

Granted that hasn't happened, but playing 3 centre backs and wing backs away at Stoke is wrong in my opinion.