Stoke City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/03/11 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

What was Ferguson like defensively?

Looks more like a winger to me. His positioning and physique don't really resemble a full-back.

Think we've grown accustomed to having Jose "the bull" Enrique at LB for the past 3-4 seasons, he's won't have finished developing yet so if he's been playing on the wing as a youngster, he'll have not been encouraged to bulk up as they will have wanted him to stay whippet-like.

Wasn't too put out by his positioning, bear in mind that we'd almost gone to RWB - CB - CB - LWB by this point as Stoke sat back.

What was Ferguson like defensively?

Looks more like a winger to me. His positioning and physique don't really resemble a full-back.

Think we've grown accustomed to having Jose "the bull" Enrique at LB for the past 3-4 seasons, he's won't have finished developing yet so if he's been playing on the wing as a youngster, he'll have not been encouraged to bulk up as they will have wanted him to stay whippet-like.

Wasn't too put out by his positioning, bear in mind that we'd almost gone to RWB - CB - CB - LWB by this point as Stoke sat back.

Very important now not to dick with Ferguson and play him all over the shop as we had done previously with Aaron Hughes, Peter Ramage, Dyer, Steven Taylor and Nile Ranger to an extent. If you play them out of position too often, it hinders their development imo. I feel there is more than just a decent player in Shane Ferguson, and we should be looking to bring it out rather than use him as a decent if unspectacular utility man.

Two things stand out for me yesterday.

First We have the talent to stay up. Ferguson and Ranger showed by their confidence and willingness to compete that they simply must start instead of the likes of the frankly decrepit Cambell and Lovenkrands.

Secondly, our wonderful support sang almost none stop throughout the game. What a pity it consisted of constant repetitions of your support is fucking shit and the Beach boys classic ruined by the words that the hosts town is a shithole I wanna go home.

Cringworthy, really it makes us look like a right bunch of cretins instead of being respected for our brilliant support. It is such a shame.

Two things stand out for me yesterday.

First We have the talent to stay up. Ferguson and Ranger showed by their confidence and willingness to compete that they simply must start instead of the likes of the frankly decrepit Cambell and Lovenkrands.

Secondly, our wonderful support sang almost none stop throughout the game. What a pity it consisted of constant repetitions of your support is fucking shit and the Beach boys classic ruined by the words that the hosts town is a shithole I wanna go home.

Cringworthy, really it makes us look like a right bunch of cretins instead of being respected for our brilliant support. It is such a shame.

The cringeworthy aspect were the twats who couldn't keep their mouths shut for 60seconds during the minutes silence for the Tsunami victims, hollering "Bruce Lee" (er...) and laughing about it despite growing mutterings from those around. Utter bell ends.

3-0 down, almost non-stop rendition for 20-30minutes of "Hello, hello" was the highlight of the afternoon. Stoke's supporters seemed somewhat stunned that we would still support our team when we're losing :lol:

Guest neesy111

Those toon fans who shouted during the minute's silence are not NUFC fans in my eyes.  If I could I would have them banned from entering any football ground ever again.

Anyone got that photo of Jenas looking camply at Dyer dressed as Austin Powers with Carl Cort as Batman? :lol:

This?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d190/DrKennethNoisewater/newcastleplayers.jpg

Guest Brazilianbob

completely unacceptable performance, but predictable reaction from players since the club has seen fit to cancel all contract negotiations.  Despite what the club say its obvious a buyer has made intentions known and contracts halted until new buyer takes over/ completes due diligence!

and you know this because?

Its standard practice to halt financial issues when the club is up for grabs.  Believe it or not the new owner may not want to buy a club where the players have all been given huge contracts

Those toon fans who shouted during the minute's silence are not NUFC fans in my eyes.  If I could I would have them banned from entering any football ground ever again.

Forget football fans, they are not human beings.

:thup:

Can anyone explain to me why I stay up until 4am (Melbourne, Australia) week-in-week-out to watch this dross?

I'm asking myself the same question, mate. The way we are playing at the moment, i'm finding it very difficult to motivate myself to stay up and watch the games.

I walked right past a few of you guys (aimed generally at everyone on this website) going into the stadium. You were stood just inside the middle set of turnstiles talking about the game you'd played against Stoke supporters. Figured it was some N-O people.

Aye, that was me, Stu, QBG, MKSC, Tall Striker and Slim.  Interpolic was there as well, although he didn't play in the supporters match.

I walked right past a few of you guys (aimed generally at everyone on this website) going into the stadium. You were stood just inside the middle set of turnstiles talking about the game you'd played against Stoke supporters. Figured it was some N-O people.

Aye, that was me, Stu, QBG, MKSC, Tall Striker and Slim.  Interpolic was there as well, although he didn't play in the supporters match.

"Don't worry! The internet is here!"

*lose 4-0*

Guest toonarmymia

Does anyone have pictures/video links of Barton getting kicked off the ball by Fuller? What was everyone's take on this? Seems the ref didnt see it and the FA cant be arsed to investigate

Guest neesy111

I really despise Stoke as a football club, just something really annoying about them.

Hate there fans, supporters team, club, stadium and city.  Never have I wanted to get out of a place more than saturday.