Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers, 02/04/11 - Pre-match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If Jose is out then we shouldn't hesitate at all putting Ferguson in the side, the lad has looked great when he's played. I'd play them both when fit to be honest.

Sadly, I've got a horrible feeling we could see the 'S.Taylor, Williamson, Coloccini, Simpson' back four this weekend  :facepalm:

Nah, I think we'll see Ferguson if Enrique's not fit.

Guest Nikos34

Is Enrique going to be out then or what? Does anybody know?

Imo, everything depends on Enrique. If he's back, we will probably see Ferguson on lw, Jonas on rw and Barton as cm.  I think that's a pretty good lineup, that should take care of Wolfes. Especially since they're lacking Doyle and that central defender.

:thup: Spot on.

However, if Jose isn't back and he puts Ferguson at left back, I can see Guthrie getting a shirt.

I just hope Best is back and we put him up top with our most effective forward, Ranger.

Guest toonlass

Is Enrique going to be out then or what? Does anybody know?

Imo, everything depends on Enrique. If he's back, we will probably see Ferguson on lw, Jonas on rw and Barton as cm.  I think that's a pretty good lineup, that should take care of Wolfes. Especially since they're lacking Doyle and that central defender.

:thup: Spot on.

However, if Jose isn't back and he puts Ferguson at left back, I can see Guthrie getting a shirt.

I just hope Best is back and we put him up top with our most effective forward, Ranger.

Is that based on goals or assists?

Looking at the fixtures of the other teams down there this really is our chance to hammer it home and make us virtually safe. You know what that means, lol

I can't stand Mick McCarthy too, annoys the fuck out of me. Need to win lads, come on!

With or without him there.

Putting Ireland and Nolan in the middle reminds me of the CM lineup Aston Villa sent up against us. Alan fucking Smith tore them a new asshole, so do we really need to learn why we shouldn't do that the hard way, too?