Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers, 02/04/11 - Pre-match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

And what choice do we have? Tiote's suspended, man. :lol:

It's easy. Jonas - Barton - Nolan - Ferguson. If Ferguson ever is going to get his chance, it's now.

That puts our best player in a position where he's ineffective. Brainless.

It's easy. Jonas - Barton - Nolan - Ferguson. If Ferguson ever is going to get his chance, it's now.

That puts our best player in a position where he's ineffective. Brainless.

He's always going a lot inside anyway. Him playing central midfield will not stop him going out for a cross when we're attacking. I'm sure my line-up will work perfectly. It's fucking sad that we have this midfield trouble when it's only Tiote out. What are we doing if Nolan gets a yellow and are out against Villa?

we've never had barton in a luxury position where he got alot of options through the middle. He has lost the pace wich made him a driving force during city days. But he got a real eye for an pass. Really think he could come out well turning the ball to the other side consistently troughout a match.

That's the obvious answer for me, there's no better options with the players we have available.

There's more chance of Shearer starting upfront than there is of Ferguson LW and Jonas RW. That's la la land thinking.

no there isnt

This is the manager who plays Lovenkrands on the wing - of course he'll not line up like that.

It'll be:

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Enrique*

Barton  Guthrie  Nolan  Jonas

or

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Taylor  Enrique*

Barton    Nolan    Jonas

*Ferguson in if Enrique out.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Probably be

----------------Harper

Simo-----Willi---------Colo-------Jose

Bart-----Guth--------Nolan------Jonas

----------Best-----------Shola

Yep. I don't think Pardew would hesitate this time putting Ferguson straight in at LB if Jose's out though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Enrique's doubtful for this one, so I imagine Fergie LB as opposed to Simpson or Saylor there.

Kevin Doyle is out for eight weeks.

Nice.

Wonder if thats true or they talk bollocks like our medical team.

Our medical team don't overstate injuries though.  If they're like our medical team, Doyle will be out for eighteen months.

Cheeky bid?

Guest Nikos34

Is Enrique going to be out then or what? Does anybody know?

Imo, everything depends on Enrique. If he's back, we will probably see Ferguson on lw, Jonas on rw and Barton as cm.  I think that's a pretty good lineup, that should take care of Wolfes. Especially since they're lacking Doyle and that central defender.

:thup: Spot on.

However, if Jose isn't back and he puts Ferguson at left back, I can see Guthrie getting a shirt.

I just hope Best is back and we put him up top with our most effective forward, Ranger.

Is that based on goals or assists?

Pretty harsh mate seeing as he hardly ever gets a run, never mind a start. Alright, I realise he is clearly a tosser but he's big, strong, fast and great in the air. How many of our strikers can we say that about?

Nice.

Our medical team don't overstate injuries though.  If they're like our medical team, Doyle will be out for eighteen months.

Our medical team would probably say he could play this Saturday

Guest Chubby Jason

Nice.

Cheeky bid?

6 month loan.

I don't think we'll get 'outplayed' in central midfield like.

Stick Barton is his best position, on the right.

Exactly, Wolves are hardly Barcelona. Nolan and Guthrie didn't get outplayed against Spurs or sunderland when Tiote was out. Barton should stay where he is best.

To my recollection, we played a CM of Barton and Smith at their place and we weren't outplayed in the midfield at all, it was fairly even. Henry and Smith kind of cancelled each other out as talentless thugs.