The worst players in recent club history

Ishmael

if i have to name the worst player i believe that wages, transfer fee and what role the player is considered to play as important factors for the judgement!

No way! Worst player is least talented - if you factor in fees or wages or reputation then you're not talking about worst player but worst signing...

it still cant be løvenkrands....

Never said it was - I plumped for one of Pattison, Ramage or Huntington. If I had to pick one it would probably be Pattison

if i have to name the worst player i believe that wages, transfer fee and what role the player is considered to play as important factors for the judgement!

No way! Worst player is least talented - if you factor in fees or wages or reputation then you're not talking about worst player but worst signing...

Wrong! You can pay top money but still the player could still be rubbish with little talent at all. But generally there's a connection between talent/skills on the pitch and money paid. But Boumsong, Luque, Xisco, and Owen are prime examples of the opposite. Those kind of players are the worst, because not only are they shit on the pitch, they also tie up enormous amount of capital which results in a club that cannot afford recruiting replacements.

In other words there are two subjects that could be discussed. One: Who was the LEAST TALENTED player. Focus is on football SKILLS only.  Two: Who was the worst  player OVERALL. Focus will then be on salary, transfer sum, talent, performance on the pitch and behavior. A simple question that could be used as a primer is: Which player has hurt the club the most?

Unless the nominator specify which one of these categories he has in mind, people will never agree. Anyways, I don't give a shit about players like Loven. yes he's inferior. But he's not the main causes of all our recent problems. He was free and is not paid much.

In other words, I have category two in mind when I state that Owen is the biggest cunt ever to be associated with this club in modern times

Boumsong, Luque, babayaro, smith, butt

Michael Owen deserves special mention. not because he was a particularly bad player. but just simply because he took this club and us the fans for a massive massive ride and quite plainly couldn't give a fook

Nice interpretation of the thread title. Really enjoyed that actually.   O0

I have my moments, but they're rare :lol:

Dresden should specify what he's after. When I read the topic I immediately thought of the overall worst player.  But if he's thinking of the least talented only, he should change his topic to exactly that: "The least talented player in recent club history. " That will leave little room for interpretation..

Guest palnese

In my lifetime:

Hislop

Carr/Barton's final season

Huntington

Ramage

Boumsong

Babayaro

Faye

Smith

Butt

Luque

Xisco

Wrong! You can pay top money but still the player could still be rubbish with little talent at all. But generally there's a connection between talent/skills on the pitch and money paid. But Boumsong, Luque, Xisco, and Owen are prime examples of the opposite. Those kind of players are the worst, because not only are they shit on the pitch, they also tie up enormous amount of capital which results in a club that cannot afford recruiting replacements.

In other words there are two subjects that could be discussed. One: Who was the LEAST TALENTED player. Focus is on football SKILLS only.  Two: Who was the worst  player OVERALL. Focus will then be on salary, transfer sum, talent, performance on the pitch and behavior. A simple question that could be used as a primer is: Which player has hurt the club the most?

Unless the nominator specify which one of these categories he has in mind, people will never agree. Anyways, I don't give a shit about players like Loven. yes he's inferior. But he's not the main causes of all our recent problems. He was free and is not paid much.

In other words, I have category two in mind when I state that Owen is the biggest cunt ever to be associated with this club in modern times

Is English your second language? Is that why you have an inability to understand the nuance of the language?

Despite your patronising efforts, you are still confusing worst player with worst signing. Dresden doesn't need to clarify his question - he asked who the worst players in the club's recent history, and you have answered with the worst signing. In effect, you're making up your own question.

Make no mistake, Michael Owen might very well be the worst signing the club has ever made - in fact, I'm struggling to think of a worse signing. But if you're seriously telling me that Owen was a worse player than Matty Pattison, then you need to go back to school.

In my lifetime:

Hislop

Carr/Barton's final season

Huntington

Ramage

Boumsong

Babayaro

Faye

Smith

Butt

Luque

Xisco

Hislop wasn't that bad tbh, there were definitely worse than him around at that time. I've seen more flashes of talent in Luque and Xisco than Carl Cort and Guivarch so .. hell i'll do an XI for my lifetime -

Hooper

Carr

Ramage

Boumsong

Babayaro

Bassedas

Smith

Viana - Although has gone on to become a somewhat handy player for other clubs

Cort

Guivarch

Andersson

Guest palnese

Hislop? :lol:

The 2 keepers who've started for us this season are far worse than Shaka.

I was a young lad at the time and I may be wrong, no doubt about it. O0

Cort and Guivarch are both good shouts for a lifetime XI.

Cort wasn't as bad as some of the strikers we've had, like. He was incredibly unfortunate with injuries.

Agree, very harsh on Cort. 

He actually went on a little scoring run towards the end of his first season and was starting to look the part, which is more than Luque or Xisco ever did.

Viana was a brilliant footballer who was played out of position because he didn't quite physically suit the English game. Anyone putting him in one of these Xls wants shooting with s****.

Viana also scored vital, vital goals against Brum and Feyenoord in 02-03.

Guest BooBoo

Viana was talented but was never given a crack in his favoured position.

He blotted his record massively though with that pathetic performance in Marseilles. Still a shame that things didn't work out for him. A typical NUFC tale of wasting talent.

Viana was a brilliant footballer who was played out of position because he didn't quite physically suit the English game. Anyone putting him in one of these Xls wants shooting with s****.

Viana also scored vital, vital goals against Brum and Feyenoord in 02-03.

Aye, no chance. We are talking the likes of Luque, Pattison, the kinds of players i've never seen have a good game for us.

Viana minus injuries was promising his debut season.

He probably holds the single worst performance but overall? Not a chance of being amongst the worst.