Finances 09/10 - 'Our vision for the club is to finish 10th or above every year'

quayside

Guest Antec

From nufc.com

And as well as dropping us from 9th to 12th in an instant, conceding that goal meant that United's Premier League prize money fell from just over £8m to around £6.8m (according to figures publicised by Sky Sports - although other sources put the drop at £2m down to £7.2m).

What didn't alter was a fixed payment of £14.6m for UK TV revenue plus another £8m for our 16 PL games televised live in the UK. Another £10m comes our way for overseas TV rights and £2m from other sponsorship and licensing deals, making the total in excess of £40m (plus the fees for live TV coverage of 2 Carling Cup and 1 FA Cup tie).

Guest sicko2ndbest

We are the 7th best for live games.

It looks like sky have to show all teams at least 10 times and after that they get to choose which clubs they will show based on who draws the most viewers. We are 7th most popular

What is the facility hire amount?

We are the 7th best for live games.

It looks like sky have to show all teams at least 10 times and after that they get to choose which clubs they will show based on who draws the most viewers. We are 7th most popular

What is the facility hire amount?

Thats the payment per game shown. Thats how we get more than the mackems despite finishing lower

Guest Roger Kint

Does this seem correct?

NUFC total income including merit payment for final position and TV money for 2010/11 was £47.2 million.

Going out on a limb here but i am betting this is covered quite a lot on this page already given the amount of Welsh caps you have.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Was with a puma representative yesterday who told me they pay us 5.8 million a year. They have been outbid by under armour for spurs next season

They hope to do villa next season as their Nike deal has ran out.

Says the new nufc shirts have been absolutely flying out. They far out sell any other puma shirts. They will be extremely keen on renewing after 3 years

Was with a puma representative yesterday who told me they pay us 5.8 million a year. They have been outbid by under armour for spurs next season

They hope to do villa next season as their Nike deal has ran out.

Says the new nufc shirts have been absolutely flying out. They far out sell any other puma shirts. They will be extremely keen on renewing after 3 years

Interesting - great bit of info. thanks for that.

I'd love to hear who else would bid for us - its painfully obvious that our club supporters buy an absolute ton of shirts - its a win/win for any of the top brands.

I'm still clutching that Nike / Umbro would come to us....

Can't say I care who bids for us, it'd be our luck that they'd try something ridiculously unsimple no matter who it is, and we'd be left longing for whichever manufacturer happened to put out a few simple yet effective shirts that year.

• 2 months later...

I realise this is a highly inaccurate guesstimate, but looking at the 2008 income and just thinking about our 10/11 income and expenditure, I'd have it at:

£47 million in TV money as per the Premier League's PDF above. Let's add another £60m in gate receipts, season tickets, merchandising/match day revenue and sponsorship (this is what we had in 2008), £35m from the Carroll sale, plus additional income from the installment payments of transfers for Bassong, Martins, Duff, Beye, Zog, Given, Milner (much of which we should still be receiving - let's say the total of those sales were £45m, spread over 5 years, we should be getting £9m for the season).

All of which comes to:

TV money £47m

Other income £60m

Player sales £44m

Total = £151m

Less the wages for the season (£60m), signings of Tiote (£3m) and Ben Arfa (£5m), new contracts/loan/signing on fees (£10m), running costs and other expenditure (£10m), and we have costs of nearly £88m. That leaves a rough estimate of profit for 10/11 before this summer's transfer activities as being £151m - £88m = £63m.

So, where's all this money going?

I realise this is a highly inaccurate guesstimate, but looking at the 2008 income and just thinking about our 10/11 income and expenditure, I'd have it at:

£47 million in TV money as per the Premier League's PDF above. Let's add another £60m in gate receipts, season tickets, merchandising/match day revenue and sponsorship (this is what we had in 2008), £35m from the Carroll sale, plus additional income from the installment payments of transfers for Bassong, Martins, Duff, Beye, Zog, Given, Milner (much of which we should still be receiving - let's say the total of those sales were £45m, spread over 5 years, we should be getting £9m for the season).

All of which comes to:

TV money £47m

Other income £60m

Player sales £44m

Total = £151m

Less the wages for the season (£60m), signings of Tiote (£3m) and Ben Arfa (£5m), new contracts/loan/signing on fees (£10m), running costs and other expenditure (£10m), and we have costs of nearly £88m. That leaves a rough estimate of profit for 10/11 before this summer's transfer activities as being £151m - £88m = £63m.

All on red on the roulette table in Aspers.

All of which comes to:

TV money £47m

Other income £60m

Player sales £44m

Total = £151m

Look at it like a credit card.

If for years you were spending more than you earned your balance on your card goes up and up.

Just because you get a windfall doesn't mean you can ignore the balance. It needs to be repaid.

MA has put a hell of a lot of money into the club, some from his own stupidity and some from the fact that the finances were on their arse when he came in.

Personally I think that he should shoulder the loss from relegation, but if some of the windfall has repaid some of the loan then so be it. Every loan has to be repaid at some point, you just have to hope that it gets recylced with fresh finance when the need arises.

Oh, we'd also have a tax bill to pay this year at some point - add a couple of million on to the outgoings

All of which comes to:

TV money £47m

Other income £60m

Player sales £44m

Total = £151m

Platinum attack dogs at Mike's (aka Snake Mountain) and gold- plated masks with Keegan's and Shearer's face on them which Derek and Mike force Pardew to wear whilst being anally pierced every time he mentions the £35 million in press interviews.

I'd got the cash profit at about £40 million for 10/11 but I realise that's not your main point .

There are only 3 possibilities - investment in the squad, expenditure on club facilities or reducing Ashley's loan.

Guest Antec

All of which comes to:

TV money £47m

Other income £60m

Player sales £44m

Total = £151m

Look at it like a credit card.

If for years you were spending more than you earned your balance on your card goes up and up.

Just because you get a windfall doesn't mean you can ignore the balance. It needs to be repaid.

MA has put a hell of a lot of money into the club, some from his own stupidity and some from the fact that the finances were on their arse when he came in.

Personally I think that he should shoulder the loss from relegation, but if some of the windfall has repaid some of the loan then so be it. Every loan has to be repaid at some point, you just have to hope that it gets recylced with fresh finance when the need arises.

Oh, we'd also have a tax bill to pay this year at some point - add a couple of million on to the outgoings

I've been thinking that for a while