Newcastle United 4 - 1 Wolves - 02/04/11 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

Aye, his knock up to Ameobi for Nolan's goal was a terrible control of the football ;)

Must not bite.

He wasn't superb, but he wasn't as much of a wreck as some are making out here. Nor was he that bad with the ball at his feet.

Pretty much what you wrote here:

Had a decent game, was pretty solid and nearly scored. Booted it out of play needlessly a few times mind. As long as he remembers to keep it simple he will continue to do well.

:thup:

I thought Williamson looked pretty poor at times, tbh.

Normally when he's got the ball at his feet, not a very good footballer. Good job the boy can defend.

I thought he kept it nice and simple today and won every header - with a couple of important ones from crosses.

Had a decent game, was pretty solid and nearly scored. Booted it out of play needlessly a few times mind. As long as he remembers to keep it simple he will continue to do well.

Agreed. He also takes a bit of a hammering during a game, allowing Coloccini to do the flashy stuff (superbly).

I thought Williamson looked pretty poor at times, tbh.

Normally when he's got the ball at his feet, not a very good footballer. Good job the boy can defend.

I thought he kept it nice and simple today and won every header - with a couple of important ones from crosses.

Agreed. He also takes a bit of a pounding during a game, allowing Coloccini to do the flashy stuff (superbly).

I'd far prefer him to be booting it out than dicking around with it as he has done previously. As is said by everyone regular let him get on with defending and let Colo bring it out etc.

Perch made a cracking recovery challenge in our box shortly afterwards. The lads got no chance with some of the stick he gets. If you want to give some shit out start with that fucking linesman who for the second time I've seen him in two homes games was complete wank. At one point he wiggled his arse and then did a comedy yawn. Shouldn't bother me but the little skinny twat needs a right good kicking.

Thats all; got side tracked.

People are going over the top on the Perch hating, like. He made one shit tackle and was booked for it. He made one other half-mistake which he quickly recovered straight away, and he cleared the ball off the line. He slotted in fine otherwise.

Perch made a cracking recovery challenge in our box shortly afterwards. The lads got no chance with some of the stick he gets. If you want to give some shit out start with that fucking linesman who for the second time I've seen him in two homes games was complete wank. At one point he wiggled his arse and then did a comedy yawn. Shouldn't bother me but the little skinny twat needs a right good kicking.

Thats all; got side tracked.

That's true, fair play. Although didn't he let himself get skinned originally?

I thought he was an absolute liability every time the ball came near him (apart from the goal-line block which obviously was vital). Laughably bad, and nowhere near good enough.

great result in a slightly strange match. seemed like a comfortable win but you could sense the edgy atmosphere even with 5 mins left. we could easily have won by more but at no point really deserved to be that far clear.

coloccini man of the match for me by quite a distance.

williamson could easily have been sent off in the first half had the forward hit the deck and seemed out of sorts all day

ferguson was targeted the first 10 then had little to do except clear his lines

the entire midfield was in and out, except guthrie who was mainly just out, nolan played for about 3mins, his goal then a little spell to end their pressure after they'd scored, barton does his defensive stuff on his own and i wish he;d form a partnership with simpson.

ameobi played fantastically on the first half and i'm not sure whether he ran out of steam or we just stopped playing to him in the second half and i've said it so many times, i've never known a player get fouled so much and get so little, he even gets fouled and gets penalised for it.

colos goal is goal of the season so far for me. i love well worked team goals from defence to attack.

As much Barton's as Colo's like. The way he held onto the ball when there was about three men on him and laid it into Colo, before continuing his run, was brilliant. The whole move was, and that Colo flick was sublime stuff.

I thought he was an absolute liability every time the ball came near him (apart from the goal-line block which obviously was vital). Laughably bad, and nowhere near good enough.

I thought this too. I hadn't mentioned it previously cos there didn't seem to be a swell of animosity, but now a reputed forum member shares my opinion i will pipe up.

Thought he was fucking shocking, and not just cos his name's James Perch. Stupid booking... and when he got bullied off the ball by Ebanks-Blake. :facepalm: Lord. He's woeful.

As much Barton's as Colo's like. The way he held onto the ball when there was about three men on him and laid it into Colo, before continuing his run, was brilliant. The whole move was, and that Colo flick was sublime stuff.

sure that was more just a pause to see what options were on but i'll have a better chance to see later on MotD ....if i don't blink and miss outr game mind.

Quite possibly the best day of my life.

India wins the World Cup.

And the toon win 4-1.

Is this how it feels to win something? Ineffable, no words.

Didn't know you were Indian. Congrats!