Aston Villa v Newcastle United (10/4/11) Pre-Match Thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

They are going to be so pre occupied with wanting to thrash us because of the demolishing we gave them up here, they will go all gung ho from the off and we will catch them out.

Sunderland stye game where we are the better team but throw away our lead in injury time and have to settle for a draw?

What will Villa's likely lineup be ?

The only thing i'm worried about is Bent with Young and Downing supplying him.

The rest of the team is piss poor , especially the defence.

It's a little bit over the top to say the rest of the team is piss poor - playing poorly of late, maybe, but there's plenty of quality there. In fact, we're playing very well from the midfield up, it is the defence that is suspect.

He went 442 yesterday, so I'd expect to see the same again, maybe with Cuellar replacing Collins, though.

Friedel

Luke Young - Cuellar - Dunne - Walker

Young - Makoun - NRC - Downing

Bent - Agbonlahor.

Central midfield and and full backs look suspect there. I would expect us to dominate midfield if we can find someone decent to partner Barton.

They are going to be so pre occupied with wanting to thrash us because of the demolishing we gave them up here, they will go all gung ho from the off and we will catch them out.

Sunderland stye game where we are the better team but throw away our lead in injury time and have to settle for a draw?

Kna more 2-0 up after 10 mins, then go on to thrash them again.

They are making to much of wanting revenge, they are under enough pressure as it is, without this "12th man day" bullshit too.

With the reserves playing midweek against WBA if the likes of Inman, Donaldson or Richardson have a blinder they could see themselves thrown in for a debut although its unlikely Pardew would do it.  Can see them on the bench though.

Would bite your hand off for a draw right now

With the reserves playing midweek against WBA if the likes of Inman, Donaldson or Richardson have a blinder they could see themselves thrown in for a debut although its unlikely Pardew would do it.  Can see them on the bench though.

Mate the way things are going I could see me on the bench.

Would bite your hand off for a draw right now

Me too to be honest, most of them though feel the same way, they all seem to think either we will beat them or we will draw.

unfortunately i think houllier's better than that, unlike bruce

How has Makoun been since joining, brummie?

Obviously not good enough.

He was excellent at Man United, and has largely done well, but had a three match suspension in the middle, so difficult to tell, really.

You couldn't be more wrong, to be honest, Skirge.

We're going to be nervous and edgy from the off. The thrashing you gave us is distant history, to be honest, there has been such a constant flow of shiteness since then, it won't really be a factor at all.

What will be will be the tension between supporters and team, and the fact that we desperately need to win.

Against Blackburn a few weeks ago, it was tense as fuck until we scored the first, then the nerves lifted and we played very well indeed. It all depends who gets the first goal, I reckon, but my money is on a draw.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They have a fine history but I feel if we play to our potential we can go there and win well. £24m striker aside as a team they are wank.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He's only played two games for them, scoring in one and missing a penalty and in the other he got sent off.

I wonder what happened with that?

Has Villa got a bit of a 'squad full of cunts' compound that we harboured in the year we went down? Looks a very, very similar situation on paper. Manager buggers off, big players not performing. Just not to as bad an extent.

You couldn't be more wrong, to be honest, Skirge.

We're going to be nervous and edgy from the off. The thrashing you gave us is distant history, to be honest, there has been such a constant flow of shiteness since then, it won't really be a factor at all.

What will be will be the tension between supporters and team, and the fact that we desperately need to win.

Against Blackburn a few weeks ago, it was tense as fuck until we scored the first, then the nerves lifted and we played very well indeed. It all depends who gets the first goal, I reckon, but my money is on a draw.

Suspected so. I reckon if we can stifle them for the first 30 mins or so we may be in with a chance. Going to be difficult though with us having no midfield.

--

I'm guessing we can't recall Routledge and hoy him on the right?

It would be a huge win if we could pull it off, especially if the mackems lose. It would be a cracking weekend. Can't see either unfortunately, though the season is so unpredictable owt could happen.

Guest Haris Vuckic

West Brom have just beat Liverpool so there's no reason why they can't give it at crack at the IKEA ground.

I think we'll win.

Word!

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4755/aquateen2.gif

Caption: After utterly decimating the host team, the roving Magpies and their supporters lay waste to Villa Park and burn it to the ground

(Artist's Impression)