2011/12 NUFC home strip

David Icke - Son of God
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I miss the Adidas days when no shirts were seen before the release preview.

I long for the suspense filled days where they'd expose a part of a picture of the new kit each day, and it'd always start with half the sock :lol:

Bigger pic:

http://idata.over-blog.com/3/88/03/34/--/mm/bff/fg/phophph/j-j-.gif

Reminds me of this one from1976...

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/products/product_details.aspx?pid=67514

Obviously the collar is different and the outer black stripes are too wide, but the '76 one also had white sleeves (with just a strip of Bukta logos down it).

Was thinking exactly the same.  I'm less appalled at the sight of this than I was when I first saw this season's.

Could clearly be miles better though.

I wish Puma would just f*** off. Cheap tacky s****

100% agree with this, even stoke get addidas shirts!

Some people complain for the sake of complaining...

Not really.  They're complaining because they dislike Puma, like Adidas, and Newcastle's kits are made by Puma.

Not really.  They're complaining because they dislike Puma, like Adidas, and Newcastle's kits are made by Puma.

And the irony is that not so long ago the thought was that Adidas was sh*t, looks ugly cramming Adidas stripes onto an already striped shirt, and that we are glad to be leaving Adidas because Puma produce some nice looking stuff.

I'd have happily stayed with Adidas as we had consistently nice/decent kits with them.  Only other make I'd fancy is Nike.

Puma and Umbro have made some alright strips in the last few years, but they're nowhere near as consistently good as Nike / Adidas imo.  Umbro will have to have another good 3-4 years for me to think they've turned the corner, because they made some right old shite for a long time imo.

Overall just very disappointed with how cheap-looking this season's Puma strips were, and that they didn't even try designing something that was at least bit 'trendy' or unique if their focus clearly wasn't on quality.  Would be delighted to move back to Adidas ASAP because you know what you're getting with them generally.

I'm really happy with the design of our current home shirt, it's the best we've had since 2006. The only issue is that the quality is piss poor and the iron on patch on the front makes us look like a pub side.

I suppose we've seen this over on Toontastic?

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/newcastle1112.jpg

Hopefully it's just a fan made mock up. Hopefully.

like it, but probs fake.

I'm really happy with the design of our current home shirt, it's the best we've had since 2006. The only issue is that the quality is piss poor and the iron on patch on the front makes us look like a pub side.

I personally think the one we had in the Championship was ace.  Well the front of it was anyway.

And the irony is that not so long ago the thought was that Adidas was sh*t, looks ugly cramming Adidas stripes onto an already striped shirt, and that we are glad to be leaving Adidas because Puma produce some nice looking stuff.

It would only be ironic if I or Ryanegg shared these sentiments.

All I ask is that my logo is stitched onto my shirts, is that realy too much to ask?

Has enyone ever actualy bought another clubs shirt (Juve, Santos, Udines etc) and actualy unsown the badge and sowed on an NUFC crest? I'm guessing not like but i'd like to see how it would look. (Opens up Paint)

http://i51.tinypic.com/i3f2ft.jpg

Juve shirt :snod:

Just shows hows simple it should be, don't see why they would try and complicate a striped shirt so much

I'm not a sports marketing expert, but I think what happens is that these hotshot designers that get hired by the kitmakers each try to deliberately produce something complicated instead of simple.  With a complicated design, the hope is that they will be producing an "iconic" design that will be beloved / reproduced / templated / remembered forever. 

That's why instead of classic simplicity we get muddled shite every year.

*puts on 1974 shirt, curls up in a ball, cries himself to sleep*

Has enyone ever actualy bought another clubs shirt (Juve, Santos, Udines etc) and actualy unsown the badge and sowed on an NUFC crest? I'm guessing not like but i'd like to see how it would look. (Opens up Paint)

http://i51.tinypic.com/i3f2ft.jpg

Juve shirt :snod:

That actually looks really good....simple and uncluttered

I loved the Adidas shirts.  Bought one every season, the most recent one being the yellow one which was a love/hate affair (I loved it!).

I haven't bought a puma one, I just think their stuff is a bit tacky, and if that really is the new home shirt, I defo won't buy it!

That Nike shirt looks lovely by the way, that's how a shirt should be - simple and classy.