2011/12 NUFC home strip

David Icke - Son of God
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

With Puma only having a 2 year deal i cant see them being happy just releasing one home strip in that time which fits in with the officail site selling strips at big discounts atm.

That said the strip shown is blatently wrong and bloody awful...

Guest johnson293

From what I've read elsewhere, seems the two season thing was just an adidas idea.

In 2000, the Premier League charter pledged that replica strips would be released every two seasons to save fans digging into their pockets too often.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8848630.stm

Further down that article though....

While Premier League clubs are within their rights to release a new home kit every season, the extent of the current situation is in stark contrast to recommendations made by the Football Task Force, chaired by former MP David Mellor, which were included in the 2000 Premier League charter to give fans a fairer deal.

The group's suggestions, which also included issues around ticket pricing, encouraged clubs to ensure a two-year gap between new replica shirts, which led to clubs releasing home and away shirts in alternate years.

Seems the 'two year pledge' may have just been a recommendation, not a rule.

Sorry for the shitty paint job, but without the box look how much better it already looks:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2pt48w0.jpg

I just hope whatever design we go for, we get rid of that horrific advertising box

A thick black stripe down the 'top' of the sleeves is literally all it's missing to look as smart as a dart. Why do kit manufacturers miss the mark with the tiniest of thing, and so frequently? It's infuriating. So close to having a smart, retro-looking kit. But it's better than this seasons, considerably better.

But as i said on the last page, it hinges on the back. Plain backs render any kit pretty much null and void anyway.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Now looks worse.

It now looks somewhat like some arse wearing a tank top and a tie over a white t-shirt. :thup:

Cannot unsee! :laugh:

What that site claims

Here is a leaked picture showing what will probably be the new Newcastle United home shirt for the next season. The club’s deal with Puma will expire in 2012 unless renewed.

Their new home shirt will keep the traditional black and white stripes. It will have two wide black stripes at the sides of the shirts, with two white stripes in the center of the shirt with a black central stripe between them. Northern Rock, club sponsors have their logo placed in the center part of the shirt. The Puma logo is placed on the upper right part of the shirt with the club crest placed on the top left.

They also claim to have got their hands on a leaked image of another Puma home shirt at the same time, Bordeaux home 11/12.  Very similar cut.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bordeaux.jpg