Aston Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 10/04/11 - post match reaction from page 27

Nate

I think having the likes of Tiote and Nolan back in midfield would have seen us much less overstretched by the likes of Downing and Young. We might of been able to actually pass the ball forward as well. Guthrie did ok for us today I thought, but the real inadequacy lay with our strikers. Toothless. Kuqi should have been brought on about 10mins early- it was so clear things weren't working and we needed a change, why is that so hard for a Premiership manager to see?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper- 7- Good saves.

Simpson- 6- Alright.

Taylor-4- Poor.

Williamson- 6- Fairly solid

Enrique- 5- A few good runs, but looked out of it.

Barton- 5- Tried, quality wasn't there.

Guthrie- 5- Meh.

Coloccini- 5- Not a midfielder.

Jonas- 6- Good effort in the first half.

Ranger- 4.5- Not bad at all in the first half, but pretty damn bad in the second.

Lovenkrands- 5.5- Better than Ranger. Probably should have done better with that chance at the end.

Raylor-5

Kuqi- 5.5- Better than Ranger.

Missed our core because he's playing for Liverpool presumably. Don't insult my intelligence you f***ing snake.

Weren't you ready to run Pardew out of town a few months back, because he wouldn't start Ranger? But then Best smashed in a hat trick and you went into hiding. Think he is well within his rights insulting your 'intelligence'. Farcical the way you come on here ranting once the result is bad, but are completely absent when the team does well. Where were you and your 'intelligence' last week? Pathetic stuff.

Missed our core because he's playing for Liverpool presumably. Don't insult my intelligence you f***ing snake.

Weren't you ready to run Pardew out of town a few months back, because he wouldn't start Ranger? But then Best smashed in a hat trick and you went into hiding. Think he is well within his rights insulting your 'intelligence'. Farcical the way you come on here ranting once the result is bad, but are completely absent when the team does well. Where were you and your 'intelligence' last week? Pathetic stuff.

He's fucking right though, you can't sell your best player and then moan about injuries later on.

Why does Pardew keep bringing Steve Taylor back into our settled defence?  I could have sworn that Pardew admitted that it was a mistake the last time he did it yet here we are again within a matter of weeks.

[kneejerk]

Ranger isn't ready

Taylor is terrible

Coloccini isn't a midfielder

[/kneejerk]

We looked like a different side the second we put Taylor and Kuqi on - and that's fucking saying something!

The only upside is I was on the telly just before the 2nd half started :D

Why does Pardew keep bringing Steve Taylor back into our settled defence?  I could have sworn that Pardew admitted that it was a mistake the last time he did it yet here we are again within a matter of weeks.

I don't get this either. He's tried it on more than one occasion before now and each time the defence looks unsettled and generally fucked. He could of kept Colo there and played either Ferguson or Ryan Taylor and didn't. Strange.

Tbf, don't think he had many other options today. On a positive as well, he will/should never play Colo as a DM again.

Wondered the same thing.

That was a woeful game.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper - 7.5

Simpson - 6.5

Taylor - 2

Williamson - 7

Enrique - 5

Barton - 4

Guthrie - 5.5

Coloccini - 5

Jonas - 6.5

Ranger - 4

Lovenkrands - 5.5

Raylor - 5.5 (feckin' sweet cross, mind)

Kuqi - 5

When?

Was it the Lovenkrands one? Or was that Guthrie?

Tbf, don't think he had many other options today. On a positive as well, he will/should never play Colo as a DM again.

He had options, he just chose the wrong one, again.

Guest MrSundlofer

To be honest, what did you expect? I woke up today, excited about the game, but when the lineups were published I realized it will be tough. Ameobi injured, Ranger upfront and Coloccini in midfield.

Ranger vs Dunne & Collins? Ranger is still unproven but had a decent first half. I don't blame him. He's young and still learning.

A little bit disappointed with Pardew. He experimented to much. Coloccini has been quality in defence, why not keep him?

Aston Villa played smart. High pressure and some counter-attacks.

With key players back for our next game we should do much better.