Is there virtual no limit to what people will pay ?

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest thenorthumbrian

Chelsea have announced that some ticket prices will be £87 next season. The FA cup final tickets this year will cost 22% more than last year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-raise-stamford-bridge-ticket-price-to-16387-2267923.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/8452411/Manchester-City-v-Manchester-United-fans-condemn-steep-rise-in-prices-of-FA-Cup-final-tickets.html

Are the football clubs,premier league, and the FA taking the fans for mugs ?

Will people get to the point when they start to really resent digging  into their pockets to make some pretty horrible people like John Terry, Ashley Cole,Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand as well as others even richer than they are already.

Supply and demand. If the demand is there then why shouldn't they take the piss - people will buy 'em.

Totally prices out the kids unless mam and dad are rich enough to pay for them, which being in the location it is, they invariably are. The new rules regarding clubs only spending what they earn are about to kick in so teams like Chelsea need to maximise the income. Hiking the ticket prices up was always going to happen. They won't be the last club to do it either....

Chelsea I could give two shits about but the FA are a fucking disgrace. At least with Chelsea you can see what the cost increase is going towards,  the club need the money to cover the new player acquisition costs. The FA, what is different? Are the cheap cup final seats £5 better than last year? no. Disgusting. At least this years clubs are based near London and aren't being made to come down and probably for a lot, have to stay over too due to daft late afternoon kick off times, oh wait...

The wages in PL should take some of the blame. They're ludicrous. Mediocre players on £50-60000 a week. It doesn't matter that the tube income has increased because the clubs alway manage to use more on player salaries anyways.  As I've mentioned before, at Old Trafford, the average attendant is male and his 40s, and probably from abroad too. The families are gone. The situation is made worse by the agents who supposedly are players' advisors. But the fact is that they got every incentive to unsettle players since that will lead to more money for them.. I think I've heard that no first team player in Chelsea is on less than 80 000. That's a minimum of £20 mill in salary on one single player if he got a 5 year contract.

This does not strike me as an extraordinarily high price for the top level seat at an entertainment event, especially ones which will sell out regardless of what they charge. If they are attracting customers, then why complain?

Basically it's stopping the normal person going.

Speaking to a West Ham fan who'd been a season ticket holder all his life but couldnt afford to continue it due to the dramatic price hikes. Apparently its all rich londoners there now which is a right shame. Can understand people wanting to watch lower league football more, as to some extent I have started doing.

This does not strike me as an extraordinarily high price for the top level seat at an entertainment event, especially ones which will sell out regardless of what they charge. If they are attracting customers, then why complain?

Basically it's stopping the normal person going.

its too expensive for 90mins of entertainment. When you have kids- and see what else you could do- football is unrealistically priced imo.

Compare it to ticket prices for US sports or even West End musicals and it's really not that bad.

Make the price artificially too low relative to the demand and really all you get is massive amount of scalping(touts).

I think it feels more expensive for you guys because in England it's the expectation that a "good fan" should be able to attend every single home game.

I'll continue to enjoy my 40-pound season tickets (and requisite shit football) here in South Korea by the way :snod:

Well it's clearly no longer working class entertainment and hasn't been for a long, long time though.

That's not something to lie down and accept though imo.  A season ticket at £500 a year is still affordable to a great deal of 'working class' people.

I'm hardly flash and going to an away game represents a small fortune to me tbh.  Stoke away was £30 ticket (not that bad), £60 to get there from London, plus all the other cash you end up spending.  I'm fucked off about paying £50 for Chelsea but will pay it because I live in London.  If I was back in Newcastle it would put me off.  It's only an extra 10-15 quid above what you've came to expect, but it's creeping up all the time man.

Well it's clearly no longer working class entertainment and hasn't been for a long, long time though.

That's not something to lie down and accept though imo.  A season ticket at £500 a year is still affordable to a great deal of 'working class' people.

I'm hardly flash and going to an away game represents a small fortune to me tbh.  Stoke away was £30 ticket (not that bad), £60 to get there from London, plus all the other cash you end up spending.  I'm fucked off about paying £50 for Chelsea but will pay it because I live in London.  If I was back in Newcastle it would put me off.  It's only an extra 10-15 quid above what you've came to expect, but it's creeping up all the time man.

But some richer cunt will go instead, so shut the fuck up. :thup: