Forward Thinking

Interpolic
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ranger's failure to make the expected progress has created a bit of a problem. I'm sure the hope would have been that he'd have got ahead of Best by now, but he hasn't. If he had, we wouldn't have needed to consider loaning him out.

Substitute Shola for Best, if you happen to think he's the weaker of the two. (though I'm pretty sure Pardew doesn't see things that way)

I would spin it the other way, if the rest of our strike force wasn't so appalling we wouldn't be expecting a 20 year-old kid to do anything very much.

I'm pretty sure he would have already been loaned out if we weren't so short up front.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Buy 2 new, quality strikers.

Keep Ameobi and Best as backups

Get rid of Lovenkrands who is now ineffective

Send Ranger on loan

Just really echoing what 95% of people have already said but meh.

How do you get rid of Lovenkrands? His contract runs to next summer, can't see anyone wanting him

Guest pleno1

We have some great crossers in the club now and players to play off a front man (Ben Arfa/Ireland/Nolan) could bringing Shearer back for 6-12 months next year as a proper number 9 be that bad of an idea, he will still be great in the air and an obvoous targetman.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We have some great crossers in the club now and players to play off a front man (Ben Arfa/Ireland/Nolan) could bringing Shearer back for 6-12 months next year as a proper number 9 be that bad of an idea, he will still be great in the air and an obvoous targetman.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Yeah.  :fishing:

What we do with the forwards this summer is going to say alot about which direction we are heading.

Since the Xisco debacle in 2008 the total investment in centre forwards has been to sign Lovenkrands twice and bring in Best for £1.5m.

In the same time Owen, Martins, Viduka, Carroll have left for £44m in transfer fees and a massive saving in wages.

We have also tried unsuccessfully to punt Shola to West Brom and Stoke, he is now our main man.

Its incredible really that you can tear your strikeforce apart in this way and still acheive what we have managed so far this season.

I think that its possible to find bargains such as Tiote in every other area of the field but as soon as anyone starts banging in goals at any level they get noticed and more often than not a £10m + fee gets slapped on them. Even a shot Robbie Keane was valued bv Spurs at 7-9m, last summer, and  I think Stephen Fletcher was priced at £7m+. Simple fact is that quality strikers are going to cost a fortune, hence we havent bought any for 3 years.

The state of our forward line cant be ignored any longer though, but is Ashley really going to splash big money on two strikers? If he does then I could start to think that European qualification might possibly be acheivable with Ashley in charge, if not then I'd think that this season is probably as good as it can get. Will be very interesting to see what happens

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone got any thoughts?

My first thought was this is tdeans back but on second thoughts it could be just the poor standard of Blackpool schooling.

Guest pleno1

Guys you need to think outside the box here. (Or inside it with Shearer)

He had no pace for the last 3 years of his Career and you all thought he was amazing, we had lots of narrow players that were unable to give him good deliverys, he would often be on the touchline giving the best delivery in the club.

Now we want to play with one big man, why not put him in? He is passionate/loves the club/great goalscoring record/fantastic in the air/Clinical/Good on set pieces (both defending and attacking) surely he could do a job, he'd also be a huge lift in the dressing room too.

Guest pleno1

Nobody has said any reasons why not. Please, please think outside the box, we could make this happen and we could seriously push for a top 6 position next season.

Isn't Vandersar like 45? Shearer has won the league, been relegated, played in Europe, Captained his country, scored hundreds of goals, the only negative is his pace and surely we can work around this. Berbatov doesn't even run for Man United and who is he?

The English Premier Leagues Top Goalscorer

Nobody has said any reasons why not. Please, please think outside the box, we could make this happen and we could seriously push for a top 6 position next season.

Isn't Vandersar like 45? Shearer has won the league, been relegated, played in Europe, Captained his country, scored hundreds of goals, the only negative is his pace and surely we can work around this. Berbatov doesn't even run for Man United and who is he?

You are a fool.

(Only joking, Shearer would be a sound idea)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

You're such a shit wum. Poor effort.

Keep the lot, Ranger out on loan to someone like Ipswich or Watford. Bring in one top quality striker to play up top on his own with Best and Ameobi as back up, Loven if we get desperate. Then have Ireland and Ben Arfa to play off the striker.

Guest Roger Kint

Okay guys, fess up. Which one of you opened a joke account to wind people up?

The email on his profile links to a lad in Blackpool off FB, given our next opponents..........