Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Can't give advantage if a straight red is to be given but can for a second yellow.

Nah, that's not true, mate, the ref can interpret it as he likes and is always right at the time. If some knacker, e.g. S. Larsson, handles the ball on the line, that's a straight red and a pen, but the ref can do whatever he wants and lots of subhumans will agree with him. Corner. :lol: Not bitter.

This must have been asked 800 times before, what's the deal with unused rows of seats at eufa games. Front of the kop is fenced off, both ends at Celtic Park are un used, never had a straight answer on this.

If you've got BT look at the Jock Stein (left) at Celtic Park, the fans in the first used row of seating are about 6' higher than the advertising. I was once told it was to stop fans invading the pitch, but this is bollocks too as at Celtic and Liverpool there is no unused seating along the length of the pitch.

Is that 6 seconds rule still in place? I thought they did away with it ages ago?

It's been a pet hate of mine for a while. About time we see someone caught out by it.

I agree it shouldn't be applied to the exact second, but so often in the Prem you see keepers holding onto the ball for over double the amount of time they should.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be good or bad for the Premier League (the sporting competition, not the brand), if it lost a CL place?

Given how much money clubs get from sky and other sponsorship deals it's probably not as big a deal as made out and we all know money >>> anything else in English football. From a sporting perspective it's pathetically shite from the leagues top clubs.

That's my fear. At least the 4th spot gives some of the outsiders a tangible target to shoot for. Even we made a bit of a go at it in 2012. I can see the loss of the 4th spot, along with the increased PL prize money,  making everything even less competitive.

That's my fear. At least the 4th spot gives some of the outsiders a tangible target to shoot for. Even we made a bit of a go at it in 2012. I can see the loss of the 4th spot, along with the increased PL prize money,  making everything even less competitive.

True, though one of the funnier things for me would be that it's been English shitness and keenness to fuck off the EL because it's a non-monied tournament that will massively contribute to it happening.