Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Can’t see it properly but could the one closest to the collar on the second line be Pistone?

Although he joined when Elliot left so it’d be narrowed down to a very specific timeframe :lol: 

:lol: I think you might be right. It's more convincing than the Elliott one. Pistone arrived the same month Elliott left, but I can't find any specific dates.

Pistone's signature according to Google:

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 11-04-43 ALESSANDRO PISTONE SIGNED CARD ~ NEWCASTLE UNITED _ EVERTON _ INTER MILAN eBay.png

25 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Middle of second line from top, Andy griffin?

He signed in Jan 1998, which would rule out Robbie Elliott. Signature below. It looks very similar, but just for the surname. Probably sacked off his first name due to size constraints and just went with AGriffin?

I also just realized Gary Speed didn't sign until Feb 1998, so I think I'm ready to rule out Elliott.

andygriffin.png

13 hours ago, Thiago said:

Line 2 second from the left I think is Dabizas. Line 4 first one on the left I believe is David Batty.

Line 3 is Ketsbaia.

Missed this, sorry. Think you're bang on, especially having all these other names, there aren't many players left :lol:

Could debunked Robbie Elliott be Des Hamilton?

Des_Hamilton_New_55f43a70aac0a.jpg

Looks like we're between March-May 1998. Dabizas didn't sign until March 1998. Rush left in May.

Missing squad members: John Barnes, Stuart Pearce, Des Hamilton, Stephen Glass. Various youth / unused players, e.g. Pinas, Paul Dalglish. And Kenny Dalglish / any other staff.

Edited by SEMTEX

2 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

Thank you!

Currently MS Painting these names over the top and will post it again. But I'm still fairly convinced the bottom one next to Rob Lee is Gary Speed (upside down), not Georgiadis. Robbie Elliott and Georgiadis didn't play for us at the same time also fwiw.

speed_or_gorgdiasisaisUntitled.png.f48216f0f4a695cde9c4c5e9be0b5716.png

speed_autograph.jpg

I think it's Georgiardis like, based purely on the G at the beginning and the tittle at the end. Gary Speed doesn't have a tittle. Who knows! 

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I think it's Georgiardis like, based purely on the G at the beginning and the tittle at the end. Gary Speed doesn't have a tittle. Who knows! 

Georgiadis didn't sign until Jun 1998, but Ian Rush left in May 1998. How do you refute this damning evidence?

It might be time to drop into George Georgiadis' DMs.

The unfortunate thing (and apologies if this stresses you further SEMTEX) is that from my experience the signatures tended to depend on when you caught the players. I did one for my mate's 18th and Dyer genuinely wrote KCD.

2 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

Updated pic... timing wise we're looking EARLY 1997 season if that one on Line 4 is actually Robbie Elliott.

I dm'ed Bjarni Guðjónsson on Insta to see if one of these is his :lol:

nufc shirt.jpg

As the proud owner of this signed photo I should be able to help out there.

Screenshot_20220413-174728_Reddit.jpg

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Why do you (still) have that? [emoji38]

I don't even know how I have it in the first place but found it the other week. Looking him up he had a whole career where no club ever paid a fee for him. 

Are you allowed to tickle your opponent?

If so, that would be very effective during corners and freekicks as it would render the opponent useless, letting you clear the ball with ease.  :footy:

Edited by Peppe