Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

What is up with most English pronunciations  :lol:

Leice= less helps but it doesn't tally with where the word comes from so you just have to chalk it down as English language being its own mysterious self.

Happens locally aswell. You get used to pronouncing Ovingham and Bellingham with a "j" but then you pronounce the "l" in Alnmouth and the River Aln.............but then Alnwick  :rant:

And then you have Tynemouth & Alnmouth, but Bournemith and Portsmith.

Guest firetotheworks

Do managers give the formation information when they release the line up, or do the media just guess/go on previous line ups? I was just wondering whether managers ever lie about it to give them a slight tactical edge.

Guest neesy111

Well we post the formation on Twitter an hour before kick off.

Not really.  It's just what the media people at the club think we are playing.  Against Brighton for example the two wingers started on opposite wings.

Do managers give the formation information when they release the line up, or do the media just guess/go on previous line ups? I was just wondering whether managers ever lie about it to give them a slight tactical edge.

No.

In the Premier League for example this is the form that is completed and handed to the match officials.

http://i.imgur.com/XXHAzU0.png

Guest neesy111

What was the more important game for us in 1991/92? Was it Portsmouth or Leicester?

Portsmouth.  We would had stayed up even if we lost the Leicester game.

Been doing my head in all day - what's the site that's got the retro Newcastle gear on it? David Kelly bucket hats, yellow and green away bobble hats and shit like that? Can I fuck remember it.