Arsene Wenger

Parky

Van Persie has handed in a transfer request

Well, I didn't expect that tbh (well at this point of the season anyway). I expected him to make some sort of decision this summer regarding his future....not now.....

@BrynLawTimes Bryn Law

BREAKING: Arsenal Captain Robin Van Persie has handed in a written transfer request this evening. Arsenal FC have apparently rejected the transfer request by Robin Van Persie but he has expressed his desire to leave the club. Robin Van Persie stated that he was unhappy with the clubs progress and promises were not kept. This should alert a few big clubs.

Van Persie has handed in a transfer request

RVP seems "I'm gonna leave Arsenal" p*ssed off.

:smug:

NatashaNUFC Nutella

Can I just point out @brynlawtimes is a fake account! @brynlaw is the real Bryn Law, he actually mentioned the fake account earlier tonight

:smug:

Remember seeing that video of him as a youngster and he actually says he would want to play for Feyenoord, then Arsenal and then Barcelona :lol:

Must still be on his mind however untrue the transfer thing is at the moment.

Despite their recent defensive frailties, today highlighted the fact that they need to seriously invest in some top quality attacking players.

Walcott really flatters to deceive, Arshavin is terrible these days, Chamerblain is a fantastic prospect, but you can't rely on him yet. If you take Van Persie out of that team, they don't have another top quality centre forward to slot in like they have had in the past.

Once Wilshere's fit their midfield trio of Song, Wilshere and Ramsey is up there with the best in the league, although they could all do with chipping with a few more goals.

I still can't believe some of the comments in here about Szczęsny, yes he still makes the odd mistake, but even somebody like Reina who is heralded as the best keeper in the league often drops a clanger. They're fine in that department, as Szczęsny will be class for years to come.

On the defensive front, it really doesn't seem like Wenger pays much attention to this side of their game, as they really don't look anything like a unit at the back at all.

Joel Campbell looks a good prospect, but will they get a work permit for him? And once again, he's another who's deemed a good prospect, when they need players for now.

The same applies to Ryo Miyaichi as well.

All he needs to do is buy Ben Arfa and Ba and he's sorted. ;)

Despite their recent defensive frailties, today highlighted the fact that they need to seriously invest in some top quality attacking players.

Walcott really flatters to deceive, Arshavin is terrible these days, Chamerblain is a fantastic prospect, but you can't rely on him yet. If you take Van Persie out of that team, they don't have another top quality centre forward to slot in like they have had in the past.

Once Wilshere's fit their midfield trio of Song, Wilshere and Ramsey is up there with the best in the league, although they could all do with chipping with a few more goals.

I still can't believe some of the comments in here about Szczęsny, yes he still makes the odd mistake, but even somebody like Reina who is heralded as the best keeper in the league often drops a clanger. They're fine in that department, as Szczęsny will be class for years to come.

On the defensive front, it really doesn't seem like Wenger pays much attention to this side of their game, as they really don't look anything like a unit at the back at all.

Walcott just joined the wrong club. when i watched him at southampton what made me excited to see his talent was that he would try outrageous shots on goal and score from them, that he would go on mazy dribbles past half the team he was playing without knowing where he would end up, or that on the egde of the D with options around him he'd attempt some crazy back-flip. his game back then was exuberant and joyful, which is exactly how it should be for 16 year olds. you let them express themselves and learn through trial and error.

Look at Theo now at arsenal and there's no joy to his game. he's morphed into some dry, boring dickhead like michael owen years before even that scrote did. seems there was some fancy to eventually turn walcott into henry's heir at centre-forward. not going to happen. walcott's had all those individualistic rough points, the diamond edges, sparks of brilliance and individual creativity cut away. what's he left with? someone who isn't allowed to take more than 2 touches on the ball before he makes his next pass, someone who has to obsess about holding the line cos his only use is being in the right place when a ball over the top is played to him, etc etc. he's someone's whose individual brilliance has been sacrificied in order to get him playing like one of Wengers's Rosicky style drones.

I just hope the same fate doesnt befell chamberlain - who already looks arsenal's best winger. better than walcott, arshavin, gervinho.

walcott is fucking terrible man, chamberlain looks twice the player he is already

arsenal are in trouble imo, as tooj has said they're one player away from from being a very average team (RVP)

going to take a lot of money to get them challenging again

question actually - how many big money buys has wenger made and gone on to have relative success?  not saying there aren't any but not that many stand out

overmars is about all i've got at the moment

i think wiltord was a good player by the end but 13m was a lot of money at the time like...that's 5 big money successes in well over a decade so far, unless there are more

might be more enlightening to list the big money failures: jeffers, arshavin...er fuck knows? :lol:  he's not made that many big buys to be fair to him

He was good, not great, not a flop but definitely overpriced and not worthy of a record transfer fee.

Reyes was their record signing between him and Arshavin.

He was good, not great, not a flop but definitely overpriced and not worthy of a record transfer fee.

Reyes was their record signing between him and Arshavin.

I disagree.

He's one of Arsenal's best ever players.

Really? So why was he let go for free?

He was a frustrating player, not at the level of Arsenals best in his own era (Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira etc)

Not at the level of those players? Those 4 players are amongst the greatest ever to play in the Premiership, thats a tough ask for anyone.

If he's not one of the best in the Premiership I'm not sure how he can be among the best ever. And including those there's at least 20 Arsenal players ahead of him just from the Premiership.