Arsene Wenger

Parky

Not a joke but needs to replace a lot of his team

Who, in particular, do you think needs replacing?

I'd say you'd need a keeper, centreback, leftback and defensive mid.  The players in these positions for you are generally a bit too weak.  Obviously centreback and defensive mid you have djourou and song who are both young but i'd still give them more time to develop by getting some solid partners in.

NewPlayer

Sagna Vermaelen NewPlayer NewPlayer

Wilshere NewPlayer

Walcot    Fabregas      Nasri

Van Persie

That team looks quite tasty I think.

Guest magpie99

Put a Reina, Vidic and Suarez in his team and they would be champions.

For a long time now, they have payed the second best football in europe after Barcelona but they have obvious weak spots in key areas.

Not a joke but needs to replace a lot of his team

Who, in particular, do you think needs replacing?

Goalkeeper, perhaps need a steady old head to help out Szczęsny and obviously get rid of Almunia but not as pressing as before. Out of the defence Djourou is solid enough squad player but that really should be it, Sagnas alright and Vermaelens good enough but the rest are poor, eboue is a walking natural disaster when he plays Clichys gone way back on where he was and Koscielny and Squillaci are very poor so get rid of those 4.

In midfield were I Wenger i would honestly think of moving Fabregas on, he just doesn't look terribly interested in being an Arsenal player anymore, Denilson, lord knows how hes an Arsenal player and theres a need for a real dm to just give some extra backbone to your midfield.

Forwards, as good as Arshavin can be perhaps time to move him on, he's just not showing it regularly enough Rosiciky again how is he an Arsenal player, Bedneter needs moving on fast offers nothing to arsenal. I'd give Chamakh another season to see if he adjusts to English football but Arsenal need a proper reliable striker because as good as Van Persie is when fit, you just can't rely on him.

I think they are too one dimensional, a natural left winger who actually plays on the left wing would help, instad of the pass it to wallcott and ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun s***. They also need fullbacks who offer a bit more going forward as highlighted in the thread.

No doubting Wenger, he is a legend, but they never replaced pires, henry, viera, and campell...

If we are being completely critical and you said i had to buy players i'd want the team to look like this.

Szczesny

Sagna-Cahill-Vermaelen-Baines

Wilshere-Song

Walcott-Cesc-Nasri

RvP

with cover/ from

Mannone

Eboue-Djourou-Koscielny-Clichy

Ramsey-Parker

Rosicky-Diaby-Hazard

Chamakh

Sell-Almunia, Squillaci, Gibbs :(, Denilson, Arshavin, Bendtner

But this isn't fantasy football and we're not Man City and we can't do this.

I thought you rated Gibbs over Clichy?

Anyway, if you sold that list of players you would probably still be in credit when you signed the rest.

I've rated neither as of late, Gibbs hasn't looked half as good as he did since he got injured two seasons ago, not a defender.

It would probably cost about £50m for Baines, Hazard, Cahill and Parker we could probably get £30m if we were lucky for the players i listed, it's not unreasonable to have a net -£20m for us in a season but it's not Arsene's way to have wholesale changes.

I think Bendtner is a cert to go how he is behaving at the moment and he will be a cracking buy for somebody that plays the right way with him up front.

No, he's a great manager, far from a joke. He could maybe do with a new start elsewhere though.

A new start would be ridiculous for him somewhere, management will be over when he leaves Arsenal and i think he will go into somewhere (PSG) as a DOF type man.

I thought you rated Gibbs over Clichy?

Anyway, if you sold that list of players you would probably still be in credit when you signed the rest.

I've rated neither as of late, Gibbs hasn't looked half as good as he did since he got injured two seasons ago, not a defender.

It would probably cost about £50m for Baines, Hazard, Cahill and Parker we could probably get £30m if we were lucky for the players i listed, it's not unreasonable to have a net -£20m for us in a season but it's not Arsene's way to have wholesale changes.

I think Bendtner is a cert to go how he is behaving at the moment and he will be a cracking buy for somebody that plays the right way with him up front.

Yeah I missed Hazard off the list first time round and maybe over rated a couple of yours  :shifty:

Guest Chubby Jason

No, he's a great manager, far from a joke. He could maybe do with a new start elsewhere though.

A new start would be ridiculous for him somewhere, management will be over when he leaves Arsenal and i think he will go into somewhere (PSG) as a DOF type man.

Why would it be ridiculous, he could bring his ideas anywhere willing to accept them. I bet Madrid will still be happy to go for him again if Jose leaves in the summer.

Szczesny man :lol:

Don't think he's a bad keeper at all.

He's a decent backup. Wouldn't have him as no.1. They can get much better, and probably cheaper.

Cheaper?  ???

He's class, i think he'll be our keeper for years and years to come

Why would it be ridiculous, he could bring his ideas anywhere willing to accept them. I bet Madrid will still be happy to go for him again if Jose leaves in the summer.

Real Madrid are the last club on earth that would accept his methods. He'd have been sacked long ago there (and any other big club).