Arsene Wenger

Parky

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye I agree, if we had (don't say that name on here!) De Jong and Komoany this season we would have won the league, despite having calamity Manuel in goal.

Here's an honest question:

Do you think your 3rd choice GK is better than Harper/Krul?

Well no, our third choice is Lehmann/Almunia so no, second choice is Fabianski and I'd rather either of your keepers on our bench than him at the moment.

OK, is Szczęsny better than Harper or Krul?

Aye I agree, if we had (don't say that name on here!) De Jong and Komoany this season we would have won the league, despite having calamity Manuel in goal.

Well no, our third choice is Lehmann/Almunia so no, second choice is Fabianski and I'd rather either of your keepers on our bench than him at the moment.

Than both, yes. Easily.

Than both, yes. Easily.

Really?I thought he was shite. The only good keeperish thing about him is he has a dog called Schmeichel.

Chesney's looked decent but I haven't seen much from him currently which suggests he's anything outstanding. I guess we'll see how he develops next season, as I assume Wenger intends to play him as first choice?

Aye, no doubt about it he will be first choice next season.

He really does look like he's going to be a great great keeper for years to come, have to take the odd mistake he will make at his age but it's not going to be down to pure wimpish behaviour like we have from Almunia.

Backup yes, but Arsenal won't win anything next season with him as no.1.

He has a future, but won't develop being under the pressure he has been this season IMO.

• 8 months later...

Wenger isn't happy with Arshavin.  You bloody brought him on you buffoon.

Martin Tyler said during the commentary that "Wenger will have some explaining to do if bringing on Arshavin (and taking off AOC) turns out to be a bad move." (something along these lines anyway).

So, nice explanation there Arsene.

It really doesnt matter what he does at this point.

Arsenal does not have the financial might of Man C.

I see man U not being able to compete financially either, leaving a two horse race between Chelski and Man C each season.

Arsenal are in the same boat as us.... no point breaking the bank, the outlay does not match the risk.

When and why did Arshavin just stop caring? He was unplayable at times when he arrived. It's a sad state of affairs there, but particularly where he's concerned.

Think he's homesick? Or at least doesn't like living in England..?

It really doesnt matter what he does at this point.

Arsenal does not have the financial might of Man C.

I see man U not being able to compete financially either, leaving a two horse race between Chelski and Man C each season.

Arsenal are in the same boat as us.... no point breaking the bank, the outlay does not match the risk.

How are Chelsea ahead of Spurs in your mind, let alone Man Utd?

Arsenal are similar to Liverpool IMO; they've just got too few genuinely good players to compete at the top. Doesn't help when cunts like City and Chelsea just hoover them up irrespective of the cost, including their own like Nasri and Torres.

When and why did Arshavin just stop caring? He was unplayable at times when he arrived. It's a sad state of affairs there, but particularly where he's concerned.

Yeah it seems to me as if his last good game was that game vs the bin dippers. He's got 2 in 30 this season and 10 in 58 last season

Their starting eleven today was certainly lacking quality. Rosicky and Walcott should be nowhere near starting for a team aspiring to compete in the Champions League, let alone who wants to win the league.