Arsene Wenger

Parky

Cant see how he can be a called a joke, he does have problems qith his squad that he wont admit but a joke?

Nah, nowhere near, no manager is a joke when your team consitantly qualifies for the champs league and always makes it to the knock out stages.

Needs to calm down on his grand experiment and pull in some toughies.

At the end of the day over the past few years Wenger has lost the likes of Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires, Lehmann (not including his return), Lauren, Ashley Cole, Campbell, Ljungberg, Kolo Toure.

Yet he hasn't really replaced any of them, as they weren't just great players. They all had a fantastic mentality.

wonder what arsenal fans will think if they begin their summer recruitment as i've been told they may do (alex oxlade-chamberlain), but not get any big players. ouch.

wonder what arsenal fans will think if they begin their summer recruitment as i've been told they may do (alex oxlade-chamberlain), but not get any big players. ouch.

Is he as good as they say? As the only time I've really seen him was the cup game against Man Utd.

He looked a real talent in that game, as despite his undoubted ability, what impressed me most was his decision making. He never seemed to hold onto the ball too long and was always looking up for his team mates.

If Wenger's a joke what does that make make Alan Pardew?

Pardew's been a manager in English football for 11 years and achieved the sum total of fuck all.

Wenger has been a manager in English football for 14 year and has won the league three times and the f.a cup four times all the while playing fantastic football and making a net profit.

Absolutely unbelievable.

If I was taken back ten years in a time machine and given the choice of manager I'd always opt for Wenger who would guarantee great football, develop the entire club and leave us financially sound.

Pardew's been a manager in English football for 11 years and achieved the sum total of fuck all.

Wenger has been a manager in English football for 14 year and has won the league three times and the f.a cup four times all the while playing fantastic football and making a net profit.

Absolutely unbelievable.

If I was taken back ten years in a time machine and given the choice of manager I'd always opt for Wenger who would guarantee great football, develop the entire club and leave us financially sound.

the team wenger won with wasn't exactly kids.  These days it all about paying kids tons of money, and failing season after season.

Taking emotion and loyalty completely out of it, then yes he has to go. But people will bring up their league posiitions under him, the philosophy etc. and he'll stay another year. I think he's lost his marbles and he's so convinced in his philosophy that he's rigidly sticking to it, to the point of insanity. He's so, so stubborn. I see him leaving next summer when Fabregas leaves and Ferguson retires.

Is he as good as they say? As the only time I've really seen him was the cup game against Man Utd.

He looked a real talent in that game, as despite his undoubted ability, what impressed me most was his decision making. He never seemed to hold onto the ball too long and was always looking up for his team mates.

He's young, so isn't consistent yet, but as you say, he actually has a brain. Decent crosser as well as having good pace, potential to be a lot more rounded than Theo Walcott has become. I reckon he should stay for another year, play Championship football, then move on. But it seems as though 25k a week plus a big sign-on is more tempting than structured career development. Definitely one to watch.

Guest guinness_fiend

Pardew's been a manager in English football for 11 years and achieved the sum total of f*** all.

Absolutely unbelievable.

You have thoroughly missed the point of the opening post.  Congratulations.

Absolutely unbelievable.

the team wenger won with wasn't exactly kids.  These days it all about paying kids tons of money, and failing season after season.

It wasn't all kids no, but in the squad were:-

- Eboue

- Flamini

- Hoyte

- Fabregas

- Clichy

- Ashley Cole

- Djourou

- Seb Larsson

- Pennant

- Lupoli

- Reyes

- Senderos

- Kolo Toure

All of whom were pretty inexperienced at the time.

Six years without a trophy, but they've never finished outside the top 4 and they've been to a champions league final. And that's apparantly not good enough. Jesus christ, when it comes to underachieving they're just playing at it. Six years is nowt.

And Wenger is an absolute legend, i'd give my left nut to have him at NUFC.

Pardew's been a manager in English football for 11 years and achieved the sum total of f*** all.

Absolutely unbelievable.

You have thoroughly missed the point of the opening post.  Congratulations.

The point being what? He's not won the league for a while so he's a joke?

Give over.

Any sane Arsenal fan should take some time to reflect and look who we have had managing us in the past 14 years and conclude that, as a smaller club (which they were when AW took over from Rioch), they have amazingly over performed under his reign.

I mean fucking hell - they were playing shite football, in a shite stadium and were going nowhere when he took over.

It should be absolutely unthinkable that they would want rid of him and he'll never be a 'joke' imho when the achievements his philosophy have resulted in are looked back on.

FWIW, they'll bomb when he leaves.

i wouldnt say he's a joke. the way he's re-invented them as a club and guided them through the whole stadium change whilst keeping them challenging has been brilliant imo. heard an arsenal fan on 5live this morning saying he reckons they should bring in adams or keown as a number 2 and then move arsene upstairs after one season. i know its just the views of one man but thats so disrespectful to wenger imo.

i really hope they ship him out because i think they'll be in for quite a shock, who's to say that there is loads of money to spend anyway?

Wenger himself.

There is a quote somewhere where W revealed he had 70m in the bank.

They need someone who can get stuck in and win the ball with thumping tackles. Someone who is committed to the cause, never gives up, never stops running, doesn't need time to adjust to English football and is already established and experienced at the highest levels. They need a leader on and off the pitch who can rally his teammates and inspire them when the chips are down, to lead by example and show the youngsters how it's done. They need Alan Smith.