Arsene Wenger

Parky

I find the suggestion that he's a 'joke' to be totally over the top and sensationalist. There is absolutely no question that he is a top, top class manager.

He's completely rebuilt that club from the ground up. He's changed their image, footballing philosophy and financial model for the better. If you want proof of his capabilities as a manager then you only need to look at the trophies that he HAS won before this drought started, the style in which they've done it etc. He's given this league some of the best players it's likely to see man, plucked the likes of Henry and moulded them into genuine greats. What he's done during his tenure there in terms of producing trophies, good football and a remarkable stability financially I question anybody on here to suggest a manager that has done the same. It's completely unique and for that he should be praised to the hills.

I personally think he's either becoming too stubborn for his own good, or is simply making more poor decisions. I can't quite decide tbh, but whatever he's become he is certainly not 'a joke'. For those who suggest that replacing him will guarentee trophies with the squad he has, it's worth noting that the squad that is there, the stability they have as a club, the promising homegrown players like Wilshere - simply wouldn't exist in the first place without the Wenger era happening.

The best football ive ever seen anywhere was played by Vengers invincibleKeegan's Entertainers.

hmm- discussed this with the Gimp back at the time. (nobody can doubt my support for KK or the fact i was there to see it- but i think vengers team edged them)

The best football ive ever seen anywhere was played by Vengers invincible team.

Well yes but that was quite a few years ago. We played some decent football a few years ago as well. Times change, people in charge lose their edge (or even the plot) and unless you keep ahead of the game and invest wisely you are stuffed. We didn't and neither did Wenger. He's now got a squad of hairdressers who really can play in the right conditions, but have no resilience. He's become a world expert at denial as well but he isn't a joke imo.

The best football ive ever seen anywhere was played by Vengers invincible team.

Well yes but that was quite a few years ago. We played some decent football a few years ago as well. Times change, people in charge lose their edge (or even the plot) and unless you keep ahead of the game and invest wisely you are stuffed. We didn't and neither did Wenger. He's now got a squad of hairdressers who really can play in the right conditions, but have no resilience. He's become a world expert at denial as well but he isn't a joke imo.

agree with this- I think this summer will be critical for them tho- he will have to bite the bullet  and get some experience in surely?

trouble is he has built it on the ability to spot when a player getting comfortable, and getting rid.

Aimed at nobody in particular but if you think Wenger is a joke, you are a joke.

He's making some silly moves and being stubborn but he's certainly not a joke.

I agree with you gash.

I heard that in a girls voice.

I find the suggestion that he's a 'joke' to be totally over the top and sensationalist. There is absolutely no question that he is a top, top class manager.

He's completely rebuilt that club from the ground up. He's changed their image, footballing philosophy and financial model for the better. If you want proof of his capabilities as a manager then you only need to look at the trophies that he HAS won before this drought started, the style in which they've done it etc. He's given this league some of the best players it's likely to see man, plucked the likes of Henry and moulded them into genuine greats. What he's done during his tenure there in terms of producing trophies, good football and a remarkable stability financially I question anybody on here to suggest a manager that has done the same. It's completely unique and for that he should be praised to the hills.

I personally think he's either becoming too stubborn for his own good, or is simply making more poor decisions. I can't quite decide tbh, but whatever he's become he is certainly not 'a joke'. For those who suggest that replacing him will guarentee trophies with the squad he has, it's worth noting that the squad that is there, the stability they have as a club, the promising homegrown players like Wilshere - simply wouldn't exist in the first place without the Wenger era happening.

The thread title is attention grabbing I grant you and dare I say a touch frivolous.

The subject matter is your third para.

I don't think Wenger is anything like as good at finding defensive players.

At present, they concede too easily from set pieces and route one. Stoke and their ilk get results on them most seasons now. We did too with that Carroll goal.

For me, Wenger is a living legend. And the way the Arsenal club is run, top notch.

Same, who gives a fuck if he's gone however-many years without a trophy? That's normal in the life of a football club, he should be getting nothing but respect for what he's achieved.