Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/05/11 - post 'match' reaction from page 30

Dave

Nile can run at defenders and cause panic, even if it doesn't all go to plan and is a little chaotic.

Loven, on days such as these, may as well not be there at all. Shola has done a lot of bad things that half, but he did one or two decent things. I had to p*ss on seven minutes, but unless I missed something, Loven hasn't done anything good. Not one thing.

Say you're a defender, would you panic if Nile Ranger was through on to your goal? ;)

Aye, would hate to be the first Prem defence he scores past

Yup, Krul will be really disappointed about that deflection :(

Guest MrSundlofer

Both strikers been poor. With good strikers on the pitch we could have had some goals. Simpson hasn't had a good game either.

Still haven't seen Nolan.

Yeah, he's not getting anywhere near the ball in open play.

However, the bloke does have a knack of getting near the ball in the penalty area so I'm sure we'll leave him on.

only thing nolan's done in the box so far is a terrible challenge that should've got him a booking. a stricter ref may have even sent him off.

"We played well at the end of the first half lads. A bit more pressure and we might sneak a goal here. More of the same."

Pardew's HT team talk.

Not so, apparently.