Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/05/11 - post 'match' reaction from page 30

Dave

Typical end of season game.

Shit atmosphere, shit goal, no real chances, slow paced. Poor goal to concede, reasonably impressed with our end of half show. Just wish we'd have a decent effort on target.

"Tayor shagged his lass" is chant of the day :lol:

Just give Ranger a go now, can't do any worse!

The fact that we're forced to choose between Lovenkrands and Ranger every week makes me want to kill myself

You're all talk and no action.

The fact that we're forced to choose between Lovenkrands and Ranger every week makes me want to kill myself

True, well at least we got Best to look forward to next season...

You're all talk and no action.

We're Newcastle fans, we'd be extinct if we acted upon it every time we're suicidal.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Nolan's been pretty anonymous, too.

Thought he's been alright tbh.

We've been alright, but the final ball hasn't been quite good enough and the forwards haven't been anywhere near good enough.

Pretty much sums up what I was about to say. Fairly sure if we had two genuine strikers we'd be at least on level terms. Don't get how Pardew persists with Lovenkrands, I'm sure he would say it was due to experience but it realy isn't making enough difference at this level.

Get Lovenkrands and Ameobi off at HT.  Nolan and Ranger up front, with Raylor coming on.

Raylor  Barton  Tiote  Jonas

Nolan

Ranger

Worth a try.

Ameobi and Lovenkrands are simply taking the piss.. one good game in five is not good enough you wankers

This. Despite our slow start when we have got the ball forward it's sadly only one of these two clowns to give the ball. Ameobi is good at linking up play so it wouldn't be so bad if he was playing with a decent striker. Lovenkrands is very slow, weak and frequently missing.

The only player who's had a run at the defenders is Jonas. Be tempted to get Ferguson on at LW, kill Lovenkrands and move Jonas behind Shola. Got absolutely nothing to lose. 

good shout that.

flanagan i think it was couldve been off with that hand ball. get him in another tricky situation and he'll walk.

We've been alright, but the final ball hasn't been quite good enough and the forwards haven't been anywhere near good enough.

Pretty much sums up what I was about to say. Fairly sure if we had two genuine strikers we'd be at least on level terms. Don't get how Pardew persists with Lovenkrands, I'm sure he would say it was due to experience but it realy isn't making enough difference at this level.

Probably cos he's more likely to score than any of our other fit strikers.

Well what a shite game. Reasonably impressed with our endeavour after they scored but let's be frank, they're playing like it's a pre-season friendly.

We literally have no goal threat.

They look a lot more dangerous than we do when they can arsed to go forward.

The only player who's had a run at the defenders is Jonas. Be tempted to get Ferguson on at LW, kill Lovenkrands and move Jonas behind Shola. Got absolutely nothing to lose. 

good shout that.

flanagan i think it was couldve been off with that hand ball. get him in another tricky situation and he'll walk.

He'll be hauled off before that and the other kid will come on.