Newcastle United v Birmingham City Pre-match thread (07/05/2011 - 3pm KO)

ponsaelius

Is Martins fit?

I think he's an ugly f***er. But thats just personal opinion.

I debated changing the wording of my question in case somebody would make that joke, but I just decided "naah, surely nobody could be that lame." :facepalm:

:blush: Was all ready to reply to you with the same shit.

Big boost to see HBA on the bench if we are lucky.

We are at home they are shit, we need to setup to give the best chance we have of getting goals.

------------------Harps

Simo-------Willi--------Colo--------Jose

------------------Tiote

-----Bart---------------------Jonas

------------------Nolan

--------Shola--------------Ranger

I'll be slated but here goes...

Krul

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Enrique

R.Taylor  Barton  Tiote  Jonas

Nolan

Kuqi

is honestly what I'd play. Taylor edges it due to his ability to actually deliver a set piece.

We'll see the same as today though.

Reminds me of the tail end of Roeder's second season. Ho hum, we're safe, nothing to play for, let's crawl our way towards the rest of the season.

At least there was some excitement then when the useless twat got sacked.

I'd be tempted to drop a few names tbh. For tinkering purposes, fatigue, and simply because one or two of them really aren't cutting it on the pitch right now.

Krul

Simpson -- Williamson -- Coloccini -- Ferguson

RTaylor -- Nolan -- Tiote -- Gutierrez

Lovenkrands -- Ranger

What would you play?

I'd play Ireland off the striker, shit we can't can we.  OK, I'd put Routledge on the wing and move Barton inside, ah, we can't do that either.  Xisco up front then, no, he's in Spain.  Bollocks, we'll have to play the up and coming Kuqi instead.

This'll be my first game since Shearer's testimonial.

Can't say that I am looking forward to it that much :(

Why not? We'll get a win against Birmingham surely.

I'd be happy to still watch a home game this season which sadly is impossible for me.

Who knows which players will be playing next season? Barton? Enrique? Tiote? ... Shane Long?

Why not? We'll get a win against Birmingham surely.

I'd be happy to still watch a home game this season which sadly is impossible for me.

Who knows which players will be playing next season? Barton? Enrique? Tiote? ... Shane Long?

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be great being back at SJP after so long but the way this season seems to be petering out, i fear that it's going to feel a bit flat.

I hope they surprise me and turn in a performance.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ben Arfa won't be anywhere near this game. He'll do well to make the WBA game.

He won't play this season at all, tbh.

I'll be slated but here goes...

Krul

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Enrique

R.Taylor  Barton  Tiote  Jonas

Nolan

Kuqi

is honestly what I'd play. Taylor edges it due to his ability to actually deliver a set piece.

We'll see the same as today though.

Exactly the same, but drop Enrique for Ferguson.

If we started that line up then 'Pardew is be an idiot, Kuqi isn't good enough and Ameobi should start the next game'.

We're destined for that for the rest of the season, sadly.  Our players aren't good enough.  It's not their fault there's no one else to pick.

Guest BooBoo

If we started that line up then 'Pardew is be an idiot, Kuqi isn't good enough and Ameobi should start the next game'.

We're destined for that for the rest of the season, sadly.  Our players aren't good enough.  It's not their fault there's no one else to pick.

Thats the problem. The squad is so thin, we have literally no senisble alternatives to the strating XI today other than wretches like Ryan Taylor or Ranger. I know we've been told about HBA supposedly making a comeback but the lad's realistically not going to make an appearance in the last 3 games