Newcastle United v Birmingham City Pre-match thread (07/05/2011 - 3pm KO)

ponsaelius

I think Shola might score today. He might have read that Pardew was considering changing the front line so the dozy bugger will probably wake up for his customary 1 in 5 good performances.

Newcastle United (4-4-2): Tim Krul; Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique; Joey Barton, Cheik Tiote, Kevin Nolan ©, Jonas Gutierrez; Shola Ameobi, Peter Lovenkrands

Substitutes: Steve Harper, James Tavernier, Shane Ferguson, Ryan Taylor, Ryan Donaldson, Nile Ranger, Shefki Kuqi

Would rather give Kuqi a chance than the plank Ameobi.

(Hopes Goala will now bag a hattrick)

Kuqi is shite, he just runs around bouncing off defenders. Would have preferred another start for Nile personally.

It must be extremely easy to prepare against us tactically, since it's blatantly obvious who we'll play every week. 

Yes, I know I criticised Pardew for jumbling up the back four etc. a few months ago, but I'm just saying.  There was no doubt of that midfield four or attacking two, and I know that isn't Pardew's fault cause he's got no one to replace them with.

Just saying it makes us even easier to defend against.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It must be extremely easy to prepare against us tactically, since it's blatantly obvious who we'll play every week. 

Yes, I know I criticised Pardew for jumbling up the back four etc. a few months ago, but I'm just saying.  There was no doubt of that midfield four or attacking two, and I know that isn't Pardew's fault cause he's got no one to replace them with.

Just saying it makes us even easier to defend against.

Our subs too.

It'll be Ranger, followed by Kuqi, followed by Fergie.

Makes us even easier to defend against that our forwards are wank, too.

The fact that they know they are considered wank and still can't rise to the occasion just confirms their wankness tbh.

Makes us even easier to defend against that our forwards are w***, too.

The fact that they know they are considered w*** and still can't rise to the occasion just confirms their wankness tbh.

Doesn't help that we completely lack a creative midfielder atm.

Nolan doesn't pass forward, just look at his Chalkboards, and Tiote isn't that kind of player.

Barton struggles to get involved in matches anymore now Carroll's gone, so really we rely on Jonas.  The only time Lovenkrands ever looks good is when Jonas actually spots his runs and plays the ball through.

I do feel sorry for Lovenkrands to an extent.  He is poor, but his teammate don't do him any favours.

Forster, Carr, Jiranek, Johnson, Ridgewell, Larsson, Ferguson, Fahey, Bowyer, Beausejour, Jerome

Sewpa Kev, Bentley, Hleb and Derbyshire amongst the subs.

Think this might be 0-0. They'll be playing for it, as they do every game and we're shit.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Forster, Carr, Jiranek, Johnson, Ridgewell, Larsson, Ferguson, Fahey, Bowyer, Beausejour, Jerome

Judas!

Be careful Chris, Derek will be on ur case