Enrique 6

Barton 6

Nolan 5

Tiote 7

Gutierrez 5.5

Lovenkrands 3

Ameobi 3

Ranger 5

I normally agree with how you mark players but I don't understand how you get your marks for Simpson or Jonas.

Never been angrier after a win :lol: that second half was a f***ing embarrassment. We looked so disinterested, nobody wanted to shoot and the final balls were largely rotten.

:lol: Same. I feel disappointed.

I don't know whether it was fatigue or disinterest or they're already on their holidays, but we were fucking woeful in the second half and we nearly paid for it.

I was adamant they were going to score again. Either from the deflected Bowyer shot which nearly landed at Jerome's head, or when Krul dropped the ball.

Comfortable performance and a good win. The second half was frustrating to some extent, cos with better strikers we'd have won by a greater margin. But the gameplan in the second half was to grind them down by keeping possession and ride the result out. Which we did pretty well.

The worst part of today was Tiote's booking (aside from the suicidal defending in the first half that led to the goal). I thought he anchored the midfield really well and was possibly our best player. Another senseless booking, though. Needs to sort that shit out asap. I wouldn't play him again this season.

Krul - 5. Flapped.

Simpson - 5. Frustrating in the final third and lacked confidence, again, with players running at him. Starting to think that right-back might be worth spending money on this summer.

Taylor - 7. Good goal and strong defending for the most part.

Coloccini - 7. Didn't have a great view of the cock-up just before half-time, but other than that he was typically assured and confident.

Enrique - 7. Defended well and pressed forward with good effect, if a little subdued.

Barton - 7. Thought he had a good game. Delivery from set pieces was a lot better, but many crosses were too deep.

Nolan - 6. Not bad. Big factor in our attacking spell at the end of the first half.

Tiote - 7. Good game aside from the booking. Anchored the midfield well.

Jonas - 7. Full of running as usual, frustrating end product as usual.

Ameobi - 5. Shite and clumsy, but another very well taken pen.

Lovenkrands - 3. Hopeless.

Krul 5

Simpson 5

Taylor 7

Coloccini 6

Enrique 6

Barton 6

Nolan 5

Tiote 7

Gutierrez 5.5

Lovenkrands 3

Ameobi 3

Ranger 5

I normally agree with how you mark players but I don't understand how you get your marks for Simpson or Jonas.

Jonas was frustrating as ever today. Maybe I was .5 harsh on him.

Simpson, however. What an absolutely pitiful player he is defensively. Beausejour had the measure of him from about the third minute. He doesn't even attempt to block the cross most of the time.

Jonas was frustrating as ever today. Maybe I was .5 harsh on him.

Simpson, however. What an absolutely pitiful player he is defensively. Beausejour had the measure of him from about the third minute. He doesn't even attempt to block the cross most of the time.

Jonas and Simpson were two of a limited number of our players who looked bothered.  I thought Simpson did his best work today going forward and put a lot of good balls into the box which we failed to build on.

Although I was disappointed Bowyer scored against us, it was better than the embarrasment of Cameron 'f**king' Jerome scoring against us

Why?

We play so compact at times, players treading on each others toes in the centre. Only Tiote looks to switch it wide.

There were several incidents where Simpson was stood right on the touchline and plenty of times where Jonas and Enrique were stood in miles of space waving at the player with the ball, only to be ignored.

Laughable really.

Just got back, really enjoyed the game, if it wasn't for Foster we could have had 4 or 5. Didn't even realise Birmingham had a man sent off till after the game :lol:

Krul 6 - Solid apart from one fumble and that mess of a goal from Birmingham.

Simpson 6 - Decent enough.

Coloccini 7 - Composed as always.

Taylor 8 - Very impressive on his return, his celebration though :lol: Chest out, smug as fuck and milking the applause for all they were worth.

Enrique 6.5 - Linked up well down the left hand side in attack and solid in defence.

Barton 7 - Good delivery pretty much all game and battled in the midfield. Decent performance.

Tiote 8 - Completely dominated the midfield, fantastic display, can't believe he got booked again :lol:

Nolan 6.5 - Helped by Tiote's performance and was allowed to get into good positions and create some decent chances.

Jonas 5.5 - Frustrating, good running with the ball but still doesn't shoot enough and final ball was poor.

Lovenkrands 4 - Gash, had one chance that he should have buried and did little else.

Ameobi 5.5 - Held up play reasonably well, didn't do much overall but absolutely smashed home the penalty.

Ranger 5 - Fucking hell! Why does this lad bottle it all the time in front of goal, turns the defender, does them for pace, just shoot you epic moron!

Krul  5

Simpson  6

Taylor  7

Coloccini  6

Enrique  7

Barton  8

Nolan  5

Tiote  6

Jonas  7.5

Shola  3

Loven  2

Someone should frame this.

Absolutely baffled as to how Nolan got the man of the match award like. :lol:

He was exactly the same as ever, except his touches/shooting in the box were shit and that's normally his biggest plus. Mental really.

Nolan was already playing in a free role with little responsibility before the sending off. After that he was even less mobile, Tiote was holding midfield on his own. At one point in the second half he took fucking ages to get out of their penalty area and back into play.

Absolutely baffled as to how Nolan got the man of the match award like. :lol:

He was exactly the same as ever, except his touches/shooting in the box were shit and that's normally his biggest plus. Mental really.

It's voted for by people who have downloaded an app for their Iphone!

Nolan was already playing in a free role with little responsibility before the sending off. After that he was even less mobile, Tiote was holding midfield on his own. At one point in the second he took fucking ages to get out of their penalty area and back into play.

Was that when he fell over on the byline and by the time Birmingham had launched an attack and Krul claimed the ball, he was about three paces past the 18-yard box? That was absolutely criminal.

Nolan was already playing in a free role with little responsibility before the sending off. After that he was even less mobile, Tiote was holding midfield on his own. At one point in the second he took fucking ages to get out of their penalty area and back into play.

Was that when he fell over on the byline and by the time Birmingham had launched an attack and Krul claimed the ball, he was about three paces past the 18-yard box? That was absolutely criminal.

Yeah. :lol:

Did far too much strolling around today for my liking.

Apparently Pardew mentioned the Taylor celebration in the press conference for tomorrow's papers and wasn't best pleased that he didn't celebrate with his teammates.