NUFC summer activity prediction thread

Pilko

very good business so far for - promising striker for fuck all and a french international midfielder with an engine and heaps of potential to upgrade on nolan's immobility

big :thup: to them so far, let's hope it continues with another 3-4 coming in and no-one else worthwhile leaving

to be fair if they manage to ship out any of smith/loven/guthrie/shola then it has potential to end up a great summer really...smith on a free to WHU, howay man do it fat sam

very good business so far for - promising striker for f*** all and a french international midfielder with an engine and heaps of potential to upgrade on nolan's immobility

big :thup: to them so far, let's hope it continues with another 3-4 coming in and no-one else worthwhile leaving

to be fair if they manage to ship out any of smith/loven/guthrie/shola then it has potential to end up a great summer really...smith on a free to WHU, howay man do it fat sam

merveuax hasn't been capped at senior level...oh you meant cabaye ? sorry,i'm getting confused with all the signings we are making at the minute. :celb:

Interesting to see if Ashley's going to spend any of the transfer income created by the sale of Carroll? We have signed 3 free agents so far and sold Nolan for around 4 million. :clap:

Nothing against MA's way of dealing with the transfers and turning us a selling club as long as it benefits the club but surely there should be some real actions to be done if his aim is to reach the european places again. Can't see it happening at this pace for like the next 10 years! No doubt the finances will be very fine by that time  :pow:

:lol: fucking hell i was half asleep when i switched on and missed Marveaux!!

it's all taking shape nicely, would like to see another CF & MF of a similar pedigree bought (Matuidi perhaps) to add some depth and then we're looking in pretty fucking decent shape tbh

one thing stikes me - these lads aren't just signing for the money imo, pardew has kept intimating a plan and it looks to me like it'll be based heavily around getting good value from the french league and hoping we can build an atmosphere and unity with them all

could be risky, could be a fucking masterstroke

i'm starting to get excited again, shit :(

Interesting to see if Ashley's going to spend any of the transfer income created by the sale of Carroll? We have signed 3 free agents so far and sold Nolan for around 4 million. :clap:

Nothing against MA's way of dealing with the transfers and turning us a selling club as long as it benefits the club but surely there should be some real actions to be done if his aim is to reach the european places again. Can't see it happening at this pace for like the next 10 years! No doubt the finances will be very fine by that time  :pow:

in ashley's world though it seems wages are the big factor, perhaps they should be in all our mind tbh

so let's say they're all on 50k p/w he's just laid out 7.8m per year on the three signings (nolan would have to come off that of course)

i'm not saying this is how things should work but in all probability it most likely will be and that makes these 3 signings so much more important

'm expecting one more signing at or above the 10m mark tops personally, any others i think will be like naylor

At this clip we'll have comfortably signed 10 players by August 31st :lol:

The "plan" seems to be to completely uproot our squad and replace them with the Ligue 1 All-Stars.

we've only lost nolan so far but yeah it looks like barton and jose are probably on borrowed time too

fuck it, at least something is happening :lol:

how many times have we heard it - if you don't move forwards you're moving backwards in football :thup:

At this clip we'll have comfortably signed 10 players by August 31st :lol:

The "plan" seems to be to completely uproot our squad and replace them with the Ligue 1 All-Stars.

we've only lost nolan so far but yeah it looks like barton and jose are probably on borrowed time too

f*** it, at least something is happening :lol:

how many times have we heard it - if you don't move forwards you're moving backwards in football :thup:

Yeah, I have to admit that I'm experiencing both excitement and trepidation at the way things are going. These new players are quite exciting but we're also taking a fairly large gamble.

I think their is a value thing going on here with slightly lower wages topped up by incentives replacing old style contracts and a good exploitation of contract situations - we've had two frees and a release clause. On top of this I think we've made a footballing decision to base the team around HBA and the players we're bringing in are geared to a pacey, pass and move, retain possession style of play. I don't think we'll score so many from set pieces next season but we will be more effective on the break.

Yeah, I have to admit that I'm experiencing both excitement and trepidation at the way things are going. These new players are quite exciting but we're also taking a fairly large gamble.

hope barton decides to see out his contract tbh so we can't see him (assuming his attitude isn't shite) and keep at least some continuity on the pitch and dressing room

I like that there seems to be a plan in place and we're not just signing random players.

All of the players that we've signed so far are ones that we've been linked to/seem to have planned on signing.

I'd never heard of Cabaye before but we obviously must have because we knew the clause and we got it done so quickly. Marveaux has been linked with us for a while so this fits in nicely with the plan. If Erdinc signs then he's one that we've been linked with for a long time as well.

I don't know, maybe there's some sensible management taking place at the club and we're not just selling players because other clubs make good bids for them.

I don't know, maybe there's some sensible management taking place at the club and we're not just selling players because other clubs make good bids for them.

in my wildest dreams i never thought this was possible under MA, not convinced yet either mind

I reckon there may be one or two more players added to bolster the squad for fairly minimal fees, then there will be one final 'trophy' signing near the end of the transfer market so to excite the fans and boost shirt sales coming into the new season.

Guest Antec

in my wildest dreams i never thought this was possible under MA, not convinced yet either mind

Cautiously optimistic are the words best used to describe it

I know I'm greedy but it'd be nice to bring in a couple of players who've actually played in England before.

The only player we've actually signed played in England last season and did very well.

Huh?

I know I'm greedy but it'd be nice to bring in a couple of players who've actually played in England before.

The only player we've actually signed played in England last season and did very well.

Huh?

Ba. West Ham. England.

Improved 3 needed areas for 5 mil, with Ben arfa n gosling back the team will surely be better to watch, have a feeling we will sign around 4 more also. Another striker, and more midfield should see us able to compete top ten at least

Improved 3 needed areas for 5 mil, with Ben arfa n gosling back the team will surely be better to watch, have a feeling we will sign around 4 more also. Another striker, and more midfield should see us able to compete top ten at least

We've competed for top 10 (even for better) last season. We have to compete for top 6 next season to have an improvement.

I think we have to make sure Barton is gone come August, given his proclivity for punching Frenchmen.

Got to admit the same thought occurred to me. He's going to walk into that dressing room and wonder which one he needs to take down a peg first.