European U21 Championship

Guest sicko2ndbest

Its not the best we can offer at that level though. Carrol, Wilshere and Micah Richards were all absent. I only watched from half time to 70 mins but the game seemed pretty even and balanced in that period. The gulf certainly didn't seem that big. From the comments on here that must not have been representative of the whole game but people can't be that dissapointed with a 1-1 draw to the spanish, especially with Mancienne and Henderson in the middle. Absolutely dire central mid partnership. Would rather have my gran and grandad in there.

Shocking team selection from Pearce, but never expected anything else. Henderson and Mancienne are far too timid.

I would go

Fielding (?!)

Walker       Jones          Smalling    Rose

Mancienne

Rodwell                      Cleverley

Wellbeck                                       Sinclair

Sturridge

Thought Javi Martinez was outstanding for them.

I don't understand how Forster has never had a call up? Surely playing for one of the biggest clubs in Scotland and a few games in the champions league is better than the level these keepers I have never heard at are playing at?

I don't understand how Forster has never had a call up? Surely playing for one of the biggest clubs in Scotland and a few games in the champions league is better than the level these keepers I have never heard at are playing at?

Isn't he too old? I know older than 21 players are playing in the tournament, but they were legit when it started so are allowed, with him not going to Celtic till this year he's missed out, though did do well at Norwich and probably should have been called up then and probably was U21 at that age.

Isn't he too old? I know older than 21 players are playing in the tournament, but they were legit when it started so are allowed, with him not going to Celtic till this year he's missed out, though did do well at Norwich and probably should have been called up then and probably was U21 at that age.

Possibly, I never know how it works out. He is 23 so could be.

f***ing hoof-ball again.

Rodwell has poor technique with the ball at his feet.

Not at all.

Just playing shit because he's out of position. I wouldn't let Pearce run a pub team.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No idea why we're one of the favourites to win this. Nothing special about us at all. Same old England at the moment.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You wouldn't know Ukraine had made 5 changes to their team.

For a team that you might historically consider to be rigid and well drilled, they're playing some really nice fluid football. Ukraine that is, not England. Same old rigid, direct football, that's relying on physical prowess.