Sammy Ameobi released

James

He did alright today but there was something about him where I didn't really get excited when he had the ball.

I don't think he's going to make it to be honest, he just doesn't look complete, hard to say why because like I said he didn't do anything right, it's just a feeling I had watching him. Even the lad next to me said that he needs another season away, I just think he's hit the ceiling of his potential.

Guest Jeebuzchrist!

he had 2 assist today, including a sweet and perfect cross. He bossed the center in the second half and vas very reliant in hiss passing, aswell as very good with the ball to his feet. Man of the match for me. He should start over marveaux aginst everton, with cabaye injured. Depending on if pardew will go with a defensive midfield with tiote or a more offensive with anita sissoko and ameobi/marveaux

He did alright today but there was something about him where I didn't really get excited when he had the ball.

I don't think he's going to make it to be honest, he just doesn't look complete, hard to say why because like I said he didn't do anything right, it's just a feeling I had watching him. Even the lad next to me said that he needs another season away, I just think he's hit the ceiling of his potential.

Right, that confirms it then. Wor Sammy is going to be a world beater!

Looks like he's getting stronger which is good (and needed). Was too good for Leeds. Let's see if he can keep on improving to the point at which he can compete in the Prem.

Hopefully we can start bringing him into more premier league games but certainly looks like he is developing

I know what you mean about not getting "excited", in that when Hatem has the ball i'm instantly on the edge of my seat, however Sammy was always very positive in his play. Don't agree about not making it, think he's got all the ingredients to do well and I actually agree with the lad next to you, he's still about a season away imo.

When he fills out a bit he'll be a lot stronger. Then he'll have a physical advantage and that is extremely useful in the Prem. He also hits the ball very well, nice contact. You can see it in his passing at times and his crosses. If he gets the rest of his game together he could be good. Quite a lot to do though.

Was impressed with him last night and I've been one of his biggest critics in the past. The cross for the first goal was perfect and he seems to be able to hold off players a lot more than last season. Still needs to work on his short passing as he gave a few sloppy passes away but if he continues to work hard that should be easy enough to sort out.

Him, Dummett and Anita were my MOTM's last night.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

It's good to hear an Ameobi having a good match. I think that if he had some of his brother's strength he would be lethal as a number 10: holding up the ball, dribbling and winning fouls in dangerous areas.

Not sure why that's funny. His brother was scoring in the Champions League at a younger age.

We don't nuture players. If they aren't much good at 21, they aren't going to be much good at 26.

What's funny is a mere few months ago you were adamant Sammy's ceiling was League One, said he had no end product and was weak technically. In the few chances he has been given this season he has been amongst our better players, has shown he has end product and decent dribbling and crossing technique. Rather than give him a bit of credit for his good performances, you still see fit to criticise the lad.

Hang on, I said he should be on loan in League One. Doing well at home against Leeds United and away to one of the worst teams in League 2 (I didn't see that game so I'll take your word on it) has done nowt to change my opinion. It'd be far more laughable if it had, tbh.

He should be on loan, getting games every week. He's basically the same player now he was when he came on at Chelsea in 2011. Pretty fucking unforgivable for the club to fill gaps in the squad created through lack of investment with players who should be playing against men twice a week and learning the game.

Nobody touching on why he was so poor in the Championship, then?

He might turn out to be a decent player but he's got no natural instinct for scoring and has no end product. League One would be fine.

This is qhat you said at the time. If by that last line you meant on loan, I may have misunderstood, in which case never mind and apologies. Fully agree a loan would be best for his development btw, but alas, we cannot afford to let him leave.

Hang on, I said he should be on loan in League One. Doing well at home against Leeds United and away to one of the worst teams in League 2 (I didn't see that game so I'll take your word on it) has done nowt to change my opinion. It'd be far more laughable if it had, tbh.

He should be on loan, getting games every week. He's basically the same player now he was when he came on at Chelsea in 2011. Pretty fucking unforgivable for the club to fill gaps in the squad created through lack of investment with players who should be playing against men twice a week and learning the game.

:thup: Yep.