Sammy Ameobi released

James

How he gets such good footwork out from under those long spindly legs, I don't know. The cross was amazing.

His chief asset is his ability to go past an opponent, and that gets harder, the higher a player rises in the game. But I think he has enough in his locker to adapt to that.

Time to give him a proper chance.

:lol: :thup:

The discussion was about him going on loan, mate.

Fair enough. So I presume you were on about current ability, not potential. I still think you're wrong; he'd be an asset for many a Championship side already, and I think he's proven in his last two outings (albeit against lower league opposition) he is an asset in our squad too. Out of interest, do you think he's got what it takes to be a useful Premiership player for us, because that's not the vibe I'm getting from you?

I think what we have with Sammy is probably all we'll ever have, it's just how you decide to utilise him, if he was playing regular football i think he would be soon found out but as an impact sub i think he can be useful because he is a different type of player and a bit unpredictable. He’s stood out on each of appearances so far this season even his cameo against West Ham he changed the dynamic of the game.

Fair enough. So I presume you were on about current ability, not potential. I still think you're wrong; he'd be an asset for many a Championship side already, and I think he's proven in his last two outings (albeit against lower league opposition) he is an asset in our squad too. Out of interest, do you think he's got what it takes to be a useful Premiership player for us, because that's not the vibe I'm getting from you?

I'm going to go out on a limb, put myself forward for future humiliation and say that in a couple of years, when he's got some power to him, he'll be a good addtion to a Prem squad.

As Ron said, for a 21 yr old, he is lagging a bit but i think that's because he's so tall and extremely thin. Fill out a bit, work on his power and stamina.

While i'm making wild predictions :lol: i also reckon Haidara will end up better than Dummett. Yep Yep.

I'm going to go out on a limb, put myself forward for future humiliation and say that in a couple of years, when he's got some power to him, he'll be a good addtion to a Prem squad.

As Ron said, for a 21 yr old, he is lagging a bit but i think that's because he's so tall and extremely thin. Fill out a bit, work on his power and stamina.

While i'm making wild predictions :lol: i also reckon Haidara will end up better than Dummett. Yep Yep.

He's better than Dummett now  ???

He's better than Dummett now  ???

I think a few on here think it's the other way around imo. Understandable as Dummett's been doing ok and Haidara is nowhere to be seen.

I think a few on here think it's the other way around imo. Understandable as Dummett's been doing ok and Haidara is nowhere to be seen.

Not for me like. And nowhere to be seen? You do realise he's been injured, right?  :lol:

Of course i do  :rolleyes:

Why send Sammy out on loan when he provides something from the bench that nobody else does? He's one of the few wide players at Newcastle who gets outside the full back and puts in crosses from the byline, most of our wide players prefer to cut back inside. Ideally you'd like to send him out on loan to develop, but as we don't have any natural left wingers at the club (unless you count Obertan) then I'd keep him here.

Why send Sammy out on loan when he provides something from the bench that nobody else does? He's one of the few wide players at Newcastle who gets outside the full back and puts in crosses from the byline, most of our wide players prefer to cut back inside. Ideally you'd like to send him out on loan to develop, but as we don't have any natural left wingers at the club (unless you count Obertan) then I'd keep him here.

we have no other natural winger full stop in our side apart from Sammy (unless you count Obertan and counting him as a footballer is being optimistic) he's the only guy we have who will provide any real width and we will need to use that in certain games when everyone else piling up in the middle doesn't work. Frankly based on his performances thus far I'd say he's pushing for a start in the league and put Remy up front instead of Cisse

Haidara's defensive performance in that Liverpool home game was probably worse than some of the shittest ones I've ever seen from our lot. It was like watching Huntington away at Alkmaar again, that bad.

It was even worse, to be honest. I like Haidara and think he'll become a really good player but that's the worst defensive performance I've seen from one of our lot. Clueless and gutless.

• 1 month later...