Sammy Ameobi released

James

Barely got a touch second half, most of them late on when he was clearly tired. He won't get a run of games as there are better players ahead of him but if he had them I think he would look a decent if inconsistent player. I really like his willingness to attack, something we lack outside Ben Arfa.

Guest Howaythetoon

A decent game but understandably tired towards the end. He needs a season long loan badly or simply put he needs football week in week out.

Barely got a touch second half, most of them late on when he was clearly tired. He won't get a run of games as there are better players ahead of him but if he had them I think he would look a decent if inconsistent player. I really like his willingness to attack, something we lack outside Ben Arfa.

nature of most wingers to be inconsistent tbh

Have a feeling he will surprise a few people tonight.

You, his mum, dad, useless brother and nobody else would be my guess.

Looks like he surprised quite a few people other than the ones you mentioned. Might even have surprised you a little in the first half particularly, but even if he did, you wouldn't come out and admit it, would you?

This was the performance I've been waiting to see from Sammy. The skill has always been there, but this time there was composure and good decision-making. He was releasing the ball early and not trying to do too much.

This was the performance I've been waiting to see from Sammy. The skill has always been there, but this time there was composure and good decision-making. He was releasing the ball early and not trying to do too much.

Yep he normally impresses and infuriates in equal measures but tonight it looked like he has finally realised that playing in the premier league is different to playing in the school yard.

Looks like he surprised quite a few people other than the ones you mentioned. Might even have surprised you a little in the first half particularly, but even if he did, you wouldn't come out and admit it, would you?

He did OK at times. It's still beyond an embarrassment that he's starting games for us in the PL.

He did OK at times. It's still beyond an embarrassment that he starting games for us in the PL.

it is ok to admit you were wrong you know.

He did OK at times. It's still beyond an embarrassment that he's starting games for us in the PL.

Beyond embarrassment, did OK at times.

:papiss:

Beyond embarrassment, did OK at times.

:papiss:

Shit. Pretend Newcastle fans from fuckknowswhichhellhole think I'm wrong about Sammy Ameobi. I best leave this one.

Tbf, he did better than 'ok' at times. He had some very good moments indeed. Very good. There's a Prem player in there if he can get the experience.

He did OK at times. It's still beyond an embarrassment that he starting games for us in the PL.

That's more to do with a lack of investment from the club owner, than with a supposed lack of talent you so often allude to. Tonight was a perfect example of what Sammy Ameobi is capable off. He's not the polished article by a long stretch, but he brings some useful qualities to the table, and as a home grown player he will probably be here for years to stay. He's never really let us down in the odd cameo he has been involved in, and has shown glimpses of being a good wide forward, a position where we hardly have an embarrassment of riches. Guess I just struggle to see why the majority on here are practically wanting the boy to fail at this club, other than his family association to the much derided (and rightly so I might add) Shola.

That's more to do with a lack of investment from the club owner, than with a supposed lack of talent you so often allude to.

Well, yeah, I've never disputed that.