Sammy Ameobi released

James

It is a shame he is born with that surname as I am sure a few more would be a little more excited about his kid.

A fast becoming trademark Cajun dig at the fans.

Again, only a couple of runs but showed to me why I rate him. Might never make it here, might never be the most talented player but his willingness to do something, his pace and at times his ball control makes me wish he got more games.

It is a shame he is born with that surname as I am sure a few more would be a little more excited about his kid.

I'm a fan, tbh. Wouldn't mind a few games of him on the left and HBA on the right. Might as well fire up FM and do the shit because I'll never see it.

So you've never seen a post about the AmeobiS fucking off? :lol:

You know as well as I do he is often bundled in with his brother because they share the same surname.

Kids like Sammy who have significant strengths and significant weaknesses are the exciting prospects. They may look awkward now but if they're taught well and learn to shore up the holes in the game they can tun into very, very good players.

Unlikely to happen at this club given our tendency to butcher the career of youngsters, but he should have more opportunities.

You know as well as I do he is often bundled in with his brother because they share the same surname.

And both being shite has nothing to do with it.

He's 22. Not 17.

I've seen literally hundreds of better 22 year olds in NUFC colours.

It's because they're both absolutely infuriating and both are nowhere near what we should have as a "top 10" (:anguish:) PL team.

Should have played more this season.

Probably true despite me not rating him. Been injured a fair bit though hasn't he?

Would have to be bench too because there ain't a chance Gouffran or Sissoko is getting the bullet.

:anguish:

:lol:

Out of interest, what attacking intent from us do you remember from the second half?

I don't but if you're making some sort of inference to Ameobi Jnr's mini-run then it says a fuck of a lot about your expectations.

He was easily one of our best players in the few games he played this season.

I'm with Cajun here, if he wasn't called Ameobi people wouldn't be slagigng him off so easily.

Sums Sammy & his shit brother up. Glad to have you on board.

He was on for 15 minutes and created 2 of our most exciting chances of the half despite being down to 9 men. I assume you were too busy booking your flights to Vanuatu or somewhere to notice.

I'm with Cajun here, if he wasn't called Ameobi people wouldn't be slagigng him off so easily.

I'll show my arse in Fenwicks window if he makes it as a regular first teamer.

He's not got the ability, the heart nor the will I'm afraid. Just like his brother that you guys seem to want to forget about.

Should have played more this season.

Probably true despite me not rating him. Been injured a fair bit though hasn't he?

Would have to be bench too because there ain't a chance Gouffran or Sissoko is getting the bullet.

You can just bundle my comment in with about a billion other "should/shouldn't haves" that you can attribute alongside this manager. Means fuck all really.

I know he went two or three games where he looked like one of our best players on the pitch, then disappeared. Can't remember if it was due to injury or too much flair.

He was on for 15 minutes and created 2 of more of our most only exciting chances of the half despite being down to 9 men. I assume you were too busy booking your flights to Vanuatu or somewhere to notice.

Oooo personal.

Looking decent in cameo's is not enough.

??? If he only gets cameos, what else is he meant to do? And, like I say, he had two or three starts where he looked talented and a danger to the opposition.

He was on for 15 minutes and created 2 of more of our most only exciting chances of the half despite being down to 9 men. I assume you were too busy booking your flights to Vanuatu or somewhere to notice.

Oooo personal.

Ditto :lol:

I'll show my arse in Fenwicks window if he makes it as a regular first teamer.

He's not got the ability, the heart nor the will I'm afraid. Just like his brother that you guys seem to want to forget about.

We'll never know if he's got the ability or not because he's being developed in a toxic environment without any sort of coherent youth development strategy.

It can't be a coincidence that the same clubs tend to produce all the good youth prospects while we consistently produce fuck all. You have to imagine spread of talent is roughly equal across the country, it's a matter of having a system.