Sammy Ameobi released

James

• 3 weeks later...

Pardew's words seem to have actually coaxed some end product out of him. Outstanding run and finish for the equaliser.

Was a brilliant finish, instinctive - like a lot of players of his ilk he seems a lot better when he doesn't have time to think.

Still think he's nowhere near up to being what I'd like to see in an NUFC team but then again no-one is these days.

Pardew's words seem to have actually coaxed some end product out of him. Outstanding run and finish for the equaliser.

Was a brilliant finish, instinctive - like a lot of players of his ilk he seems a lot better when he doesn't have time to think.

Still think he's nowhere near up to being what I'd like to see in an NUFC team but then again no-one is these days.

I'm 50-50. As someone else just highlighted, back around February he started 3 or 4 games in a row, was the only player really worth a mention, got subbed at HT against the mackems with "illness" or summat and then disappeared until pre-season.

He's certainly worth keeping around for another year or two IMO, as he's finally starting to show some end product and a bit of consistency.

Be surprised if he doesn't get a new deal now. He's young and English and has proven a couple of times now he can be useful, Ashley's eyes will probably already see the pound signs.

Committed to Nigeria hasn't he. Think there is something there and worth keeping imo.

Be surprised if he doesn't get a new deal now. He's young and English and has proven a couple of times now he can be useful, Ashley's eyes will probably already see the pound signs.

Committed to Nigeria hasn't he. Think there is something there and worth keeping imo.

Yeah, like that changes where he was born.

Guest firetotheworks

So much more talent than Shola, he'll get nowhere near the amount of opportunities. I don't even think Messi could get the amount of opportunities Shola had :lol:

I don't get what you mean? You mean Messi as Messi wouldn't get that many opportunities, or Messi as Shola? It doesn't make sense.

I know I sound like pardew here, but he offers Fuck all when we don't have the ball, he often goes missing when we are on the back foot. He seems best used as an impact sub at this moment in time imo. If he starts producing consistantly he then should get a start.

I know I sound like pardew here, but he offers Fuck all when we don't have the ball, he often goes missing when we are on the back foot. He seems best used as an impact sub at this moment in time imo. If he starts producing consistantly he then should get a start.

Can be said for all our actual flair, attacking players. So yes, you do sound uncannily like Pardew right now :)

I know I sound like pardew here, but he offers f*** all when we don't have the ball, he often goes missing when we are on the back foot. He seems best used as an impact sub at this moment in time imo. If he starts producing consistantly he then should get a start.

Didn't he win the ball for our second?

I know I sound like pardew here, but he offers f*** all when we don't have the ball, he often goes missing when we are on the back foot. He seems best used as an impact sub at this moment in time imo. If he starts producing consistantly he then should get a start.

Didn't he win the ball for our second?

Yep. His tackling is a bit hit and miss though. When he can slide in from the side, he's okay. If someone runs straight at him, he just seems to dangle a leg and they usually go straight past.

Still, he does open a defence up two or three times a game, so I reckon he's worth it.

*ollox... flair player who can't defend and goes missing ? Ship him off to Brucie  :laugh: