Sammy Ameobi released

James

Remember this lad was supposed to be breaking into the team 3 years ago.  Its about time he developed.

I agree, one of the faults we always seem to have had at this club, we never been  able to develop enough players from the youth/reserve teams.

Kids need first team football to really kick on but ours just never seem to get the chance short of the occasional league cup tie.  Since we go out of the cups so early that's basically one or two games a season with a handful of five minute cameos if they're lucky.

Would like to see him get 10 games and then judge him, looks dangerous on the ball and some decent passing. Surely worth more of a chance than Obertan and Gouffran. He really isn't that bad and offers good width

Guest Gino14

He can get past people and looks to have the ability to be a nuisance.  He can also hit a decent cross at times, which immediately makes him more use than Gouffran on the wing at the moment.

My big problem with him is that I don't know if he'll ever become a good premier league player.  There's something natural you need for that, which is touch.  Sometimes Sammy brings a ball down well, but then other times the ball is passed to him and it bounces five yards off him.  He then has to get it back under control, which takes time you don't get in the Premier League.  It's something you'd associate with a problem some good championship players that can't step up.

As loki says the kids just don't get the first team chances other than the odd league cup or fa cup tie.

Also has to be said that points when we could or maybe should have blooded youngsters he hasn't because we either couldn't afford to gamble when we flirted with relegation or our form was terrible and he wanted to save face, which didn't work last year. We should have blooded youngsters the minute we were safe last year.

Pardew should be letting them out on loan but won't because he wants to keep them here in case of an injury crisis. Is that not why you have recalls in loan agreements? Kids need decent level first team football.Yet any time they do get minutes if the team plays badly the youth are always the scapegoats. The whole way we treat youth stinks as bad as our first team coaching.

Remember this lad was supposed to be breaking into the team 3 years ago.  Its about time he developed.

I don't think he's really been given a chance to develop. Whenever I've seen him for the first team he has always looked to have something about him but whenever he does show promise he is just taken out of the team. Norwich away last season being a prime example.

He can get past people and looks to have the ability to be a nuisance.  He can also hit a decent cross at times, which immediately makes him more use than Gouffran on the wing at the moment.

My big problem with him is that I don't know if he'll ever become a good premier league player.  There's something natural you need for that, which is touch.  Sometimes Sammy brings a ball down well, but then other times the ball is passed to him and it bounces five yards off him.  He then has to get it back under control, which takes time you don't get in the Premier League.  It's something you'd associate with a problem some good championship players that can't step up.

I don't think there's anything wrong with his touch. He is probably just a bit nervous as he hasn't been getting much playing time. I believe the bad touches would mostly disappear if he can get his confidence up.

Guest Gino14

I don't think there's anything wrong with his touch. He is probably just a bit nervous as he hasn't been getting much playing time. I believe the bad touches would mostly disappear if he can get his confidence up.

Well currently he deserves either a place in the team, or a lot of minutes from the bench.  So hopefully we could find out.  I'm happy to see him do well if that's how it goes.  It would be great if more of our young players break through.  Armstrong should at least be on the bench too.

Pardew threatening him to step up in his TS interview. Have a word with gouffran and half the others while your at it then. This guys methods are so unfair.

‘We’ve had to have the patience of a saint with Sammy and he’ll admit that,’ said Pardew, who warned the younger brother of former United striker Shola that his days at the club were numbered.

‘Now we need to see him deliver. The threat to him is still there – this is a big season for him.

‘He did particularly well when he came on at Swansea. He’s someone I’ve spoken about so many times over the past few seasons, talking about his potential.

‘He’s been a young player in the shadow of his brother for a long time. But this is a guy who is quick and has fantastic technical ability – he should be ripping this division up really, but he hasn’t been.

Dat man management :spit: