Sammy Ameobi released

James

Let's not rewrite history. He didn't play awful but to say he played well is a step up from reality. He didn't make any noticeable f*** ups neither did he create much if anything.

Apart from the cross which should have led to a goal......

Yeah, that's about it.

Aye, one potential assist is not good enough in the 26 minutes he was on the pitch.

Not what I said.

Howay, man. We're talking about Sammy Ameobi and a completely open game against the worst side in the league and he managed to spend his time on the pitch basically repeatedly losing the ball.

He's a nice lad but if you were to talk to him about his football for 10 minutes you could basically close this thread. Making enough wedge to live reasonably comfortably and help his family a bit is the absolute fullest extent of his ambitions.

Not true. Fake news.

Let's not rewrite history. He didn't play awful but to say he played well is a step up from reality. He didn't make any noticeable fuck ups neither did he create much if anything.

Apart from the cross which should have led to a goal......

Yeah, that's about it.

Played a nice slide through to someone in the box when he cut inside at one point too.

Guest neesy111

He was ok yesterday, but he's proven across his career he's not good enough even at Championship level.  Ask Boro and Cardiff fans.

I wasn't talking about Sammy, but the insinuation made. The lack of progress in the transfer market, and the strong rumours of Ashley's interference, is a worrying trend going forward. To ignore it, with Ashley's track record, is flat out stupid.

Personally I'd be very surprised if Rafa isn't miffed that we haven't brought anybody in.

I can't imagine Benitez would be pleased if we brought no one in, because he obviously feels that investment is necessary to secure promotion. But January can be a difficult market and it certainly seems that way in 2017, because there isn't much movement anywhere. We're ten points clear of third and the fees for incoming players stands at well over £100million since McClaren came in. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't buy anyone; the risk of continuing with what we have looks fairly low-ish at this point.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but 'summer is the real test'. If we fail him in terms of recruitment, he'll kick off and possibly leave and I doubt anyone could blame him.

Not in the business of defending Ashley but there's no point in throwing silly money about for Championship quality players for the sake of 5 months. Genuinely Expect some serious investment in the summer, probably being naive.

Other than Townsend I've not seen us linked to a single player that I've thought would improve the squad and/or make the step up next season.

Where is this being reported?

Bolton Wanderers FC

‏@OfficialBWFC_

#BWFC are pleased to announce the Club have signed Sammy Ameobi on a loan deal from @NUFC until the end of the season.

Sorry lads - looks like a false alarm. Site only has 1 tweet. Why do shit like this?