Sammy Ameobi released

James

:lol: I keep on annoying every fucker at work by randomly humming it to myself.

Ditto, and at the same time getting people asking why i'm humming The Trainline advert seeing as The Trainline are one of our competitors.

Me too. :lol: Obviously not the competitor bit like. Keep feeling proper guilty when I hear someone else humming it as well.

Guest frazernufc

We need our own "Feed the goat and he will score" song, or get in touch with Comic Relief.

"This is Sammy Ameobi, he looks like he has to travel 10 miles a day just for food and clean water".

haha casual rascim, you do know Sammy and NUFC will report you to the police

For the record, I just thought it was a shite joke.

Don't understand why people fixate on Sammy being slender. Never seen him struggle with physicality so far, his height seems to afford him enough power to hold his own at every level I've seen him play and he'll obviously put on more muscle as he gets older.

Edit: I can see why some might perceive it as casual racism though. Your joke wouldn't work if Sammy wasn't black.

I have just never seen a player that skinny (actually that's a lie, Peter Crouch is very similar). It's like when Shane "Prize winner" Ferguson came through the reserves who imo also has the necessary aggression to make up for a small frame.

But you're right, he hasn't really struggled because of it, he's just very skinny :lol:

It's an interesting side topic though - how some people can be deceptively strong.

It's like the kid at school who was unnaturally strong for someone so slender. Or maybe that was just my school way back when :lol:

Edit: I can't remember Shola every being lightning quick, but I'm sure there was someone on here who was convinced he was actually significantly quicker before he became the lumbering mountain of muscle he is today :lol:

Being black had nothing whatsoever to do with it, it was about him being skinny and a joke about a charity (like the child line one, racist?) that helps people who aren't receiving adequate care. If it's about the walking 10 miles bit... that was derived from the typical Children in Need tearjerker videos you get, again his skin colour had nothing to do with it.

Can't believe I really even had to justify it :lol: