Sammy Ameobi released

James

SAMMY AMEOBI today committed his future to Newcastle United for a further three and a half years.

Ameobi has been rewarded with an improved deal at St James’ Park after some sparkling performances for Alan Pardew’s top-three troops.

The newly-capped England under-21 ace has been in the running for a new deal since making a superb start to the season.

And Pardew was keen to have the trickster tied up after a series of illuminating cameos in black and white this term.

The Chronicle was first to report of England’s interest in the striker in September, and the Academy product has been delighted to win caps against Iceland and Belgium.

The player revealed his gratitude to Pardew after the Londoner saw fit to elevate the Academy product through the Newcastle first-team ranks.

The Geordie forward – brother of United striker Shola – has made rapid progress in the last six months after making his Premier League debut at Chelsea in May during the 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Ameobi, pictured right, has made four Premier League appearances this season and also starred in the Carling Cup, scoring a wonderful winner away to Scunthorpe United in August.

Ahead of signing his new deal today, Ameobi – who was playing against Blyth Spartans in the reserve team just six months ago – told the Chronicle: “As a young player all you want to do is have as many opportunities as you can for the first team, and I am grateful to the manager for giving me these chances.

“I am enjoying every minute of it and I will continue to do that.

“It gives you an incredible buzz to hear your name chanted.

“I have supported the club since I was a boy and when Shola came into the first team, so playing for Newcastle is a dream come true.”

Ameobi’s deal was due to run out at the end of the season.

However, while the Ameobi family had cause for celebration, Sammy was keen on celebrating the deal by playing his part in another huge fixture at Manchester City.

Newcastle have back-to-back weekends in Manchester and Ameobi – who can play as a striker or out wide – says: “We are going to try and take as many points as we can from the next two games.

“We will go out and do our best at Man City and work our hardest.

“Hopefully, we can get a result, but it is a tough game.

“Maybe we can get a point – or even all three?” Ameobi will be joined by his older brother Shola in the squad for Eastlands on Saturday, the long-serving striker missing the last month through a hamstring problem.

Ameobi is looking forward to linking up with his older brother again.

The pair, the first brothers since Matty and Ritchie Appleby to play for the United first-team, could both be on the bench against moneybags City.

The 19-year-old said of his older brother: “He is itching to get back.

“He is a lot better and it is not as bad as we first thought.

“We are looking forward to having him back.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/11/17/sammy-ameobi-signs-new-deal-at-newcastle-72703-29792238/

Ranger hasn't demonstrated anything to suggest that he could become a Premier League player.

Has Sammy?

Yes. And I would say that Ranger did as well, before he started being a dick.

I was ridiculed 18 months or so ago, for saying by 2012, Ranger would be a League One player. He's never shown the potential to suggest he could become a regular starter for a Premier League club.

Sammy would be daft to sign for any longer tbh considering the wages will be pretty modest

TBF he's a lovely lad but we could have offered him magic beans and he would have still signed. Ashley probably has him paying us to play.

Guest ToonUltra

Sammy would be daft to sign for any longer tbh considering the wages will be pretty modest

An extra £50 per week with a 5% increase on his overall wage every 365 calendar days.

£2.50 goal bonus (Premiership only) and 10p per minute bonus for every minute he plays.

Now, the dealbreaker was that in order for him to sign it, Shola has to pay him half of his weekly wage for the next 3.5 years. Shola obviously didnt turn this down as it's his brother and he is pretty flush himself.

An even steven contract for Ashley to broker, whilst righteous wages go into Shola's bank for once.

Sammy's laughing his titties off.

Cushty.

An extra £50 per week with a 5% increase on his overall wage every 365 calendar days.

£2.50 goal bonus (Premiership only) and 10p per minute bonus for every minute he plays.

Now, the dealbreaker was that in order for him to sign it, Shola has to pay him half of his weekly wage for the next 3.5 years. Shola obviously didnt turn this down as it's his brother and he is pretty flush himself.

An even steven contract for Ashley to broker, whilst righteous wages go into Shola's bank for once.

Cushty.

It's a shame your about to be banned, tbh.

Guest ToonUltra

Cushty.

It's a shame your about to be banned, tbh.

banned for what?

Ranger hasn't demonstrated anything to suggest that he could become a Premier League player.

Has Sammy?

Yes. And I would say that Ranger did as well, before he started being a dick.

I was ridiculed 18 months or so ago, for saying by 2012, Ranger would be a League One player. He's never shown the potential to suggest he could become a regular starter for a Premier League club.

Are you sure that's what you were being ridiculed for back then? I mean, it's been 18 months of ridicule since then, must be quite hard to remember which one it was back then.