Sam Allardyce

Ritchie

Guest MrSundlofer

Anybody who thinks Smith can perform any footballing function in the top two tiers of English football simply musn't have watched our games for the last 2 seasons. The only explanation, nothing to do with the 'maturity' of the debate.

Now listen...

Experience, leadership and to be a role model for younger players is a function in football. Okay?

I agree with you that Alan Smith has almost nothing to offer on the pitch (when using the ball, positioning etc.)... But the discussion is not about that.

The discussion is = Sam Allardyce want Alan Smith at West Ham.

And what kind of style of play does Sam Allardyce use? 4-3-3 / 4-5-1, boring, long balls etc... Long balls from defenders to forwards...

Where will Alan Smith fit in the best? In our 4-4-2 or in Sam Allardyce 4-5-1?

He'd probably cope slightly better being in a poorer division, that's all I can say. Then again he's going to be surrounded by a worse team than we had in the Championship so he might struggle even more.

I honestly don't think any tactic or formation will make his footballing capabilities look any more adequate.

I'd be over the moon. I'd almost forgive him for signing the useless t*** in the first place.

after signing him at an estimated 60kpw for 5 years you'd almost forgive him if we got rid for the last year ? :crazy2:

(just having a dig, i thought he'd be decent when we signed him)

I remember pretty much everyone on here praying for his departure during the summer of 08, one year into his contract. :lol:

oh definitly, i was one, i lead the charge aginst those saying he was doing well when we started in the championship aswell but when we were first linked with him i thought he'd be a decent signing.

• 2 weeks later...