Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

He'd walk into our midfield tbh

I didn't rate him when he was here, preferred Bigi. Fair play to him though he's went up Scotland and currently over in Greece and working hard to be a success. Can't fault his attitude. Interesting to see if we bring him back and see how he is next season.

So one of Carr's highly rated young talents is flourishing.  He's managing it while being away from our management and coaching team aswell.  So really, in terms of development, the player who spends the least time around our management and coaching team is showing the greatest promise.  Whodathunkit.

So one of Carr's highly rated young talents is flourishing.  He's managing it while being away from our management and coaching team aswell.  So really, in terms of development, the player who spends the least time around our management and coaching team is showing the greatest promise.  Whodathunkit.

Mehdi Abeid may well be doing well in Greece but goal scoring in that league isn't a good barometer for how he'll do in the Premiership. Matt Derbyshire scored goals for fun in Greece. Darren Ambrose is also currently scoring frequently.

True, we should stick with the players we know are shit instead of trying new ones who might be.

Guest bimpy474

Does he run around a lot?

Not really, he likes to pass it, play it and be attacking. Hence why Pardew sent him to Greece.

Mehdi Abeid may well be doing well in Greece but goal scoring in that league isn't a good barometer for how he'll do in the Premiership. Matt Derbyshire scored goals for fun in Greece. Darren Ambrose is also currently scoring frequently.

True, we should stick with the players we know are s*** instead of trying new ones who might be.

My point was scoring goals in that league is not proof of being a good player. Ignoring his goals, he may still be playing well. He could come back here and play well.

True, we should stick with the players we know are s*** instead of trying new ones who might be.

My point was scoring goals in that league is not proof of being a good player. Ignoring his goals, he may still be playing well. He could come back here and play well.

I know, I'm just being facetious.

Given he's yet to be Pardewed he's worth a try, though I doubt he'll get one.

Guest bimpy474

Mirallas came from the Greek league, he's excellent, Yet the Fulham striker has been a flop, it's that kind of league. The kid can only do his best wherever he is, he's worth looking at surely ?

Mirallas came from the Greek league, he's excellent, Yet the Fulham striker has been a flop, it's that kind of league. The kid can only do his best wherever he is, he's worth looking at surely ?

I'm not saying he isn't worth looking at. I'm saying take his goal scoring in Greece into context of the quality of that league. I guess the Netherlands Eredivisie league is a higher quality than Greece's league. Regular goal scorers in the Eredivisie can be great or terrible in the Premiership. It isn't easy to gage who will do well.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not saying he isn't worth looking at. I'm saying take his goal scoring in Greece into context of the quality of that league. I guess the Netherlands Eredivisie league is a higher quality than Greece's league. Regular goal scorers in the Eredivisie can be great or terrible in the Premiership. It isn't easy to gage who will do well.

I know where you're coming from, and i agree to be honest. I just like the look of this lad, imo Pardew didn't give him a decent go funnily enough.

Ffs, he can't do any better! I fucking hate that argument. What's the point in sending him then?

Ffs, he can't do any better! I f***ing hate that argument. What's the point in sending him then?

What is so hard to understand with what I have said? He was sent to Greece to play regular football. He wasn't sent to Greece to score goals to earn a place in the NUFC team on his return. He could score a shed load of goals in Greece. That does not mean he will be great in the Premiership. It also doesn't mean he definitely won't be great in the Premiership. He may be a very good midfielder. The point is a lot of very mediocre players score plenty of goals in Greece.